1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Probably a very simple question here..

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by UKD, Oct 2, 2013.

1. UKD

UKD Active Member

For some reason I can not seem to find the answer for this from any Google search for Xenforo Q&A's, perhaps it is not possible to do this on XF?

I have a forum section which is called 'Announcements'. I only want staff (certain user groups) to be able to post in that section and for regular members not to post new threads.

I went into the properties of the forum board however the only thing even remotely similar to what I am looking for is "Allow new messages to be posted in this forum" Y/N, however this disabled posting of new threads for all members.

Is there any way of doing this? I am sure XF has such a basic feature however I can not find it nor can I find it in any search. Thanks!

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Revoke the create new thread permissions on Registered and Allow it on the groups you want to post new threads.

3. UKD

UKD Active Member

Thanks for the reply Jeremy. If I revoked all registered member from posting threads then they would not be able to post anywhere on the entire forum, I just wish to restrict them from posting in a single section.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use Node Permissions.

UKD likes this.
  5. UKD

UKD Active Member

Thank you very much :D.