1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private forum persmissions - under user or node?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by flowerpot132, Jan 15, 2015.

1. flowerpot132

flowerpot132 Formerly mugtree

This was set up for me by a developer so I am not 100% how it works. But I can create a private forum on our forum that only users I give (as the admin) permission to can see in the forum list and only they can use those forums.

I have set up a private forum node no problem. And I have a list of a few registered forum users I would like to give permission to. Do I do that on the users profile and if so where do you think that might be? Or do I do it on the node/forum settings and add in users that way?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. flowerpot132

Thank you Brogan.

I have done this:
    I don't understand step 2 though?
  4. Brogan

Click on the Permissions link for the node, select the user group, set the permission.

5. flowerpot132

That's it! Thanks for quick replies, massive help! :D:D
  6. flowerpot132

Off the back of this, would it be possible to add one of those coloured tabs I see here:

Just so all the users of the private forum know their posts are private. As we have non-private forums you see where the same users can post to everyone.

So the private forum could have say a yellow block saying the name of the forum Eg LondonClub
  7. Brogan

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

9. flowerpot132

I have added a notice thanks.

And created a prefix that works.

Final thing is, can I set that prefix to all show? At the moment when creating a thread you have to choose it before you write the thread title. Can it be set to always show for the private forum?
  10. Brogan

Yes, you can force that prefix in the node options.