Cannot reproduce Private conversation duplicate last post

AndyB

When I make a reply to a Private Conversation, after I post the reply, the last post (not mine) is duplicated.

This happens here on XenForo.com. I'm using Firefox on OS X.

This duplicate post is only an AJAX duplicate post, meaning if I reload the page the duplicate goes away.

Happened to me many times with forum posts as well. It usually happens when there are multiple pages at the same thread/conversation, but I wasn't able to find steps to reproduce it..

Last edited:
Happened to me many times with forum posts as well. It's usually happens when there are multiple pages at the same thread/conversation, but I wasn't able to find steps to reproduce it..

That must be it. I often have many tabs open sometimes the same Conversation.

Thank you, Sheldon. I just read that thread and it's good to know I'm not the only one seeing this bug.

I use Firefox and also have Firebug as an add-on.

As noted before, this is something I've never been able to reproduce and from looking at the code, I don't see how it could happen. I'd really need to see network traces, at least from the the response being submitted (both outgoing data and returned data).

I'm not denying that it's happening, but if I can't see how it's getting into that state, I can't really do much unfortunately.

This time it happened while posting in a thread. Only seams to happen when communicating with xf_phantom.

Here's a screen capture.

pic001.webp
Perhaps it has something to do with adding [ php ] tags ??

I don't think it matters. It happens for me on Chrome. I think it has to do with opening multiple tabs and getting an alert while posting.

I have noticed this as well and was going to start a bug report. The last prior post pops in as a duplicate when you reply to it, then if you refresh it, the duplicate goes away. Using FF.

PS it didn't happen just not when I replied. But it happened earlier today on my forum.

Here is another seemingly related situation. When I edit a post, the header gets repeated. In this instance, I edited the post 3 times without refreshing the page. I have modded the code to put the post info above the avatar, here is what I'm seeing:

Header Edit Error.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom