1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce Private conversation duplicate last post

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by AndyB, Dec 3, 2013.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

When I make a reply to a Private Conversation, after I post the reply, the last post (not mine) is duplicated.

This happens here on XenForo.com. I'm using Firefox on OS X.

2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

This duplicate post is only an AJAX duplicate post, meaning if I reload the page the duplicate goes away.

3. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Happened to me many times with forum posts as well. It usually happens when there are multiple pages at the same thread/conversation, but I wasn't able to find steps to reproduce it..

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Marcus and AndyB like this.
  4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

That must be it. I often have many tabs open sometimes the same Conversation.

5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I tested this with @AndyB and wasn't able to reproduce it on my side.

6. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Happened once for forum posts on firefox / windows 8.

7. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you, Sheldon. I just read that thread and it's good to know I'm not the only one seeing this bug.

I use Firefox and also have Firebug as an add-on.

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As noted before, this is something I've never been able to reproduce and from looking at the code, I don't see how it could happen. I'd really need to see network traces, at least from the the response being submitted (both outgoing data and returned data).

I'm not denying that it's happening, but if I can't see how it's getting into that state, I can't really do much unfortunately.

Amaury likes this.
  10. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

This time it happened while posting in a thread. Only seams to happen when communicating with xf_phantom.

Here's a screen capture.

pic001.jpg
    Perhaps it has something to do with adding [ php ] tags ??

11. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Hi Mike,

I think you will be able to reproduce this bug if you used Firefox for a few days.

12. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters. It happens for me on Chrome. I think it has to do with opening multiple tabs and getting an alert while posting.

AndyB likes this.
  13. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Well-Known Member

I have noticed this as well and was going to start a bug report. The last prior post pops in as a duplicate when you reply to it, then if you refresh it, the duplicate goes away. Using FF.

PS it didn't happen just not when I replied. But it happened earlier today on my forum.

14. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Well-Known Member

Here is another seemingly related situation. When I edit a post, the header gets repeated. In this instance, I edited the post 3 times without refreshing the page. I have modded the code to put the post info above the avatar, here is what I'm seeing:

Header Edit Error.JPG

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  15. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That header looks to be a side effect of the edit, rather than the core software.