As designed  Private categories & forums bug

SeVeN

Created a category in the category forum. Has disabled the group registered to see this category, and for administrators it too became invisible...

Are you using Revoke or Deny when you restrict the Registered group?

The admin after a new installation is actually a member of Registered. I am guessing that you set Deny permissions for Registered which would have overridden the permissions granted by the Administrative group. Try using Revoke instead of Deny.

See this thread about permissions:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/whats-the-difference-between-permission-types.5083/

The behavior is correct, given the user group setup here (secondary groups) and the way permissions work.

Hmm. I tested this and I am a little confused. Unless I am misunderstanding how things are supposed to work, it appears that inheritance isn't working properly.

Looking at the Node Permissions... if you have a user in two groups, where group1 has an explicit Revoke and group2 has an inherited Allow, then the result is an overall Revoke. Is that normal? Shouldn't this result in an overall Allow? It seems as though an explicit Revoke in the Node Permissions is overriding of an inherited Allow. There is no inheritance. If I change the inherited Allow to an explicit Allow then it works (results in overall Allow).

An explicit revoke overrides anything inherited (except for a deny). Revoke says you are explicitly removing the permissions here, and thus you have to have an explicit allow to regain them.

Top Bottom