Price :(

Hi!

I have tried the XenForo demo and I love it! Now I really want XenForo, but the only thing I don't like about it is the price...

Are there any special plans available that are cheaper than the cheapest XenForo download?

Thanks!

@HenrikHansen That's true. As I mentioned I have tried the demo and I really like it. However, it's still a bit too expensive...

But you get what you pay for. I find that I only need a small number of add-ons (all free) to give each site it's intended functionality. If you wish to go beyond that, there are tons of enhancements (free & paid) to choose from.

i lost money on those (phpfox and vb), but am finally happy with my numerous investments here.

i feel like if got here at just the right time.

I can relate -- I'm sitting on 4 now-unused vBulletin 3.7/3.8 licenses. Given a choice between using one or using XenForo, I always buy another XenForo license.

@Slavik And 2 licenses?
Okay, I happen to have 6 licenses in my account.

What the others are saying is: When you buy 2 or more licenses, and you want to buy another license, your price is cut by 20%, so on your bill, your price is $120 each license after (at least) 2 licenses. But if you buy in bulk like some do, your price gets cut 30% off - you end up paying only $110 each license. This is xenForo's way of saying "Thank you for your business."

But you get what you pay for. I find that I only need a small number of add-ons (all free) to give each site it's intended functionality. If you wish to go beyond that, there are tons of enhancements (free & paid) to choose from.

I can relate -- I'm sitting on 4 now-unused vBulletin 3.7/3.8 licenses. Given a choice between using one or using XenForo, I always buy another XenForo license.
I've got a VB 5.05 forum closed down referring people to the XF url. Probably buying another XF license shortly.

Okay, I happen to have 6 licenses in my account.

What the others are saying is: When you buy 2 or more licenses, and you want to buy another license, your price is cut by 20%, so on your bill, your price is $120 each license after (at least) 2 licenses. But if you buy in bulk like some do, your price gets cut 30% off - you end up paying only $110 each license. This is xenForo's way of saying "Thank you for your business."
Please note this is incorrect. Please see the discount pricing scheme here:
https://xenforo.com/purchase/xenforo-details

If you are purchasing your 11th license, you get ~21% off the cost of each license. Your original statement (and the amended statement) still conveys incorrect information about the discounts you receive while purchasing XenForo, my statement clears any possible misconceptions up.
The discount gets bigger each time you reach a certain number of licenses, which is what the percentages amounts for.

10% translates to 10 dollars, so - for every license discounted, is an increase in percentage.

I didn't make any misconception; I was on point. I'm standing by my comments, and my posts. I have dignity. Thank you. :mad:

You could easily save up some money so that you can have your own xenforo forum @William David Edwards
But until then go with a free one and see what things you can come up with. Don't worry I had to do the exact same thing as you did as I didn't have enough cash. Am glad that I have done what I did though.

Was that really necessary? No. It wasn't.

The link reflects what I pretty much said.

1 - 2 $140
3 - 5 $130 -7.1% discount
6 - 10 $120 -14.3% discount
11+ $110 -21.4% discount

I was off by the numbers, but that wasn't even the point.
Absolutely necessary. The correct numbers are above in red. You can't go around telling people they get a 40% discount when in reality it's closer to 20%.

Top Bottom