1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price :(

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by William David Edwards, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Hi!

I have tried the XenForo demo and I love it! Now I really want XenForo, but the only thing I don't like about it is the price...

Are there any special plans available that are cheaper than the cheapest XenForo download?

Thanks!

steve_aust likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are no discounts planned or available, other than the bulk purchase discounts listed.

3. @Brogan Bulk purchase discounts?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. @Brogan I don't understand, how much are 1 or 2 licenses?

6. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

$140 + tax if applicable.

7. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The same, discounts start being applied from the 3rd license onwards.

8. @Slavik I see. Nice community by the way :D

HenrikHansen and Slavik like this.
  9. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

It might be a bit expensive but when you use the system you really appreciate that everything works flawlessly and is professionally coded. There are also very professional add ons you can get for free.

10. @HenrikHansen That's true. As I mentioned I have tried the demo and I really like it. However, it's still a bit too expensive...

11. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

Gotta pay for quality.:)

gfc, Erel, kingofseo and 3 others like this.
  12. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

It's cheaper than IPB and VB.

ZeWildGuy, D.O.A., kingofseo and 5 others like this.
  13. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I seriously don't know how any one can describe it as "expensive" when out of the commercial products it is one of the cheapest!

ZeWildGuy, Autonamus, D.O.A. and 7 others like this.
  14. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I'd have to say I don't like the price of XenForo either - it's too cheap!

Seriously, I was more than happy to pay for it at the current cost when I got it but having used it for over a year I have wondered if they could charge a iut more for it as it's better than competitors' software which is more expensive. I also think the $40 annual renewal (optional for updates and support) is a bargain too. :D

sonnb, feldon30 and Shyuan like this.
  15. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

I agree with @Martok I think they should raise the price to $150, but leave the renewal at $40. :)

D.O.A., TheComputerGuy and Shyuan like this.
  16. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Here's a hint: If you want to start a community, start with MyBB. Then, if there is solid interest in your community, move to XenForo.

You have plenty of time to save up for $140.

17. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

This for sure. I have 4 communities on myBB right now and 3 on XenForo. Only 2 of the 3 XenForo ones get much (and still little at that) traffic - they normally wouldn't justify the expenditure but they are my favorites so I wanted to treat them to the best.

drastic likes this.
  18. drastic

drastic Well-Known Member

just get it man. it's awesome and the people here are seriously helpful as anything.

i ditched other paid scripts to come here. i lost money on those (phpfox and vb), but am finally happy with my numerous investments here.

i feel like if got here at just the right time.

HenrikHansen likes this.
  19. drastic

drastic Well-Known Member

btw - if you still can't make up your mind, inbox me with any questions and i'll help you out.