Add-on Prevent Guest users from reading 'replies' of a thread

Mt.Rev

How about having permissions to prevent Guest users from reading 'replies' of a thread?

I'm looking to only allowing them to view the first post, but if they wanted to read the replies, they would need to register to the forum.

How about having permissions to prevent Guest users from reading 'replies' of a thread?

I'm looking to only allowing them to view the first post, but if they wanted to read the replies, they would need to register to the forum.

Do you still need this? It should be quite a simple template edit.

One thing is, you do understand that this is pretty bad from an SEO point of view?

If guests can't see your posts, then Google can't either!

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I understand it's bad for SEO, but i'm not too worried about the traffic at the moment. I'm still planning out what I want to do.

Ok,

I'll have to look at my test box. I think I made this already! I was playing around when you first posted.

The only thing I'd say, though, is I did it just as direct template edits so if you want me to post here on how to do it, I will, but it won't be an actual add on you can just enable or disable. You may want to wait for someone who can do something more refined and professional.

I'm also just looking into ways that Google might be able to still see the content, even if it isn't readable by a human.

Top Bottom