Premium Members BBcodes [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can this be used to show the first post in a thread to guests then restrict the rest of the posts underneath to registered members only?

This will encourage people to join the site to get access to the full content.

It would say something like: "As a guest you can view the first X number of posts in a thread, register now to get full access to the remaining X posts underneath." Or do you know another resource that might be a better fit?

Can this be used to show the first post in a thread to guests then restrict the rest of the posts underneath to registered members only?

This will encourage people to join the site to get access to the full content.

It would say something like: "As a guest you can view the first X number of posts in a thread, register now to get full access to the remaining X posts underneath." Or do you know another resource that might be a better fit?
Oh that was one of my first hack on vbulletin ^^ I think it's quite easy to be do the same thing on XenForo, but the problem is.... it's horrible for the SEO. And as a user... it can be really annoying. So I'm not sure it will help you to have more members ^^

By the way to answer to your question is no. This addon can't do that ;)

Oh that was one of my first hack on vbulletin ^^ I think it's quite easy to be do the same thing on XenForo, but the problem is.... it's horrible for the SEO. And as a user... it can be really annoying. So I'm not sure it will help you to have more members ^^

By the way to answer to your question is no. This addon can't do that ;)

Well, I plan on using Xenforo as more of a private membership site so want to be able to tease content to entice people to join but not show the whole thread. If Google first-click free was available for Xenforo that would be awesome and we could still get the SEO benefits yet protect content.

Well, I plan on using Xenforo as more of a private membership site so want to be able to tease content to entice people to join but not show the whole thread. If Google first-click free was available for Xenforo that would be awesome and we could still get the SEO benefits yet protect content.
I've been heard a few months ago that a developer is already working on it.

Are you sure you select the "addon-PremiumMembersBBcodes.xml" ?
I mean if you want to install the application, then you chose the addon-PremiumMembersBBcodes.xml inside 2-XML ADDON directory
If you want to install bbcodes, then you chose the xml files inside 3-XML BBCODES directory

Are you sure you select the "addon-PremiumMembersBBcodes.xml" ?
I mean if you want to install the application, then you chose the addon-PremiumMembersBBcodes.xml inside 2-XML ADDON directory
If you want to install bbcodes, then you chose the xml files inside 3-XML BBCODES directory

The first working well, but when i try install the xml files inside 3-XML BBCODES directory i got the error.

Great addon, problem I discovered is whether I use permissions or not when I use [premium] in a post it causes 500 Internal Server Error. I had my host dig into and they came back with this:
it is stuck in a loop running the /library/Zend/Db/Profiler/Query.php file which looks to be trying to get data from the table kingk_bbcm in the mythotical.com database

I'm reporting this to both addons as I'm not sure which one is causing the issue.

I need more to try to debug. Is it the first time that you install both addons? Are you sure to use the last version of the Custom BBcodes Manager? Does the problems occurs with other tags: private ? spoiler ?

Yes first time install of both addons. Yep using latest version of both. Problem occurs when using premium or private tags.

And spoiler tag? If it's working, your website doesn't like my addon ^^ Then try to disable the content protection (in my addon options at the bottom with other debug options) to check if the problem is coming from there.

I didn't try spoiler tag, I don't care for that tag myself. I disabled the content protection and still same 500 error.

Can you try the spoiler tag? It's included with the BBcode Manager. Why this test? Because it's using the same method (class) than the premium and private.
Oh by the way, just to check, did you install the premium and private bbcodes xml files in the BBcode Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom