Prefix Index Listing ?

erich37

Let`s say I do have about 30 different Prefixes for my Forum.

I would like to show in the sidebar (or somewhere else at the homepage) a list of all Prefixes available.

Saying I have Prefixes like for a Business-Directory:
- Finance & Legal
- Health & Beauty
- Eating & Restaurants
- Sports & Entertainment
- Want to Buy
- Want to Sell

So I would like to show my "Prefixes" as some sort of "Category Index" somewhere at the Homepage, e.g. within the sidebar or underneath the "Notices".

Would be great to show all my Prefixes in a consolidated list somewhere, and by clicking onto one of those Prefixes, it shows a List of all Threads containing that specific Prefix.

In addition to this:
currently, we can "filter" Prefixes for example the "Confirmed"-Prefix here at XenForo.com
But when filtered for "Confirmed"-Prefix, the only option available is to "unfilter" the selected "Confirmed"-Prefix.
I would suggest instead of having the "X" for "unfilter", to have a drop-down-field in order to be able to select and filter for another "Prefix". This would make it much faster to filter different Prefixes.

Upvote 11
Yeah. I would like to figure out a way to get them all to display across the top, so you can filter by prefix category, instead of having to hunt for a page that has an "Employment" prefix thread and filtering them by clicking on that prefix. You should be able to show that specific prefix from any page.

You can always replicate the code in the thread display options and edit the forum_view template.

I am not sure if this is possible, but it would be great. It is probably only possible to click onto a certain Prefix at the Homepage and then it returns "Search Results" with all threads containing that specific Prefix ?

I want to have the Prefixes somewhere at the Homepage, so that people can click on them in order to get to the respective "Category" (as a Prefix is something like a category).

Hopefully Kier and Mike can come up with an ACP-option or solution for this.

Thanks!

EDIT: Use This method instead- easier and cleaner: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pfps-com-br-thread-prefix-listing.22091/

I got to playing with this a little bit.

I am by no means an html guru (and I'm sure there's an easier way to do this) but I accomplished what I was needing by inserting the following code into the ad_forum_view_above_thread_list template.

Obviously, you will need to tweak this for your forum and prefixes and place it in the template for where you want it to appear. I chose to show it for just my "Tradin Post" forum.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id}==24">
<div class="discussionListFilters secondaryContent">
      <h3 class="filtersHeading">Click for Specific Categories:</h3>
        <tr>
            <td>
                &nbsp;<a href="index.php?forums/the-tradin-post.24/&amp;prefix_id=1" class="prefixLink" title="Show only threads prefixed by 'For Sale'."><span class="prefix prefixRed">For Sale</span></a>
            </td>
            <td>
                &nbsp;<a href="index.php?forums/the-tradin-post.24/&amp;prefix_id=2" class="prefixLink" title="Show only threads prefixed by 'Wanted'."><span class="prefix prefixGreen">Wanted</span></a>
            </td>
                <td>
                &nbsp;<a href="index.php?forums/the-tradin-post.24/&amp;prefix_id=3" class="prefixLink" title="Show only threads prefixed by 'For Rent'."><span class="prefix prefixOrange">For Rent</span></a>
            </td>
            <td>
                &nbsp;<a href="index.php?forums/the-tradin-post.24/&amp;prefix_id=4" class="prefixLink" title="Show only threads prefixed by 'Want to Rent'."><span class="prefix prefixLightGreen">Want to Rent</span></a>
            </td>
            <td>
                &nbsp;<a href="index.php?forums/the-tradin-post.24/&amp;prefix_id=5" class="prefixLink" title="Show only threads prefixed by 'Commercial'."><span class="prefix prefixSecondary">Commercial</span></a>
            </td>
            <td>
                &nbsp;<a href="index.php?forums/the-tradin-post.24/&amp;prefix_id=6" class="prefixLink" title="Show only threads prefixed by 'To Give Away'."><span class="prefix prefixBlue">To Give Away</span></a>
            </td>
            <td>
                &nbsp;<a href="index.php?forums/the-tradin-post.24/&amp;prefix_id=7" class="prefixLink" title="Show only threads prefixed by 'Employment'."><span class="prefix prefixGray">Employment</span></a>
            </td>
            <td>
                &nbsp;<a href="index.php?forums/the-tradin-post.24/&amp;prefix_id=8" class="prefixLink" title="Show only threads prefixed by 'Lost/Found'."><span class="prefix prefixOlive">Lost/Found</span></a>
            </td>
        </tr>
</div>
</xen:if>

Link: http://www.dodgeboard.com/forums/index.php?forums/the-tradin-post.24/
Screenshot:

prefix.webp

Would a nice tweak be ....

(A) numbers of items with this criteria ?
For Sale (2) For Rent (13)

(B) Clickable Prefixes wouldn't appear if there was no use of that Prefix (ie. Want to Rent (0) )

Question: Can you still "Remove all filters" ?

Here it is! Works with Xen 1.1 Beta2 and Beta 3.

Xen 1.0.4 i have not tested.

Prefixes only show if:

a) has some threads with it
b) usergroup of the user can use the prefix

Hope you guys like it!
you again! very nice :)
i think it deserves its own thread in addon releases.

I think that something like this should be added to xF core: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/thread-prefix-listing.80/

It is kinda silly to use prefixes and then you have many many pages in that siad node and some threads with prefixes get washed away and you never see them again, defeats the purpose of having prefixes in the first place because you can't see them(They could be on like page 20) then you can't filter by just that prefix.

Top Bottom