XF 1.5 Prefix colors inconsistent, grayed out

TheLaw

This one is a challenge. If you change the prefix colors in thread_prefixes.CSS

Code:
.prefix.prefixOlive      { color: #663300; background-color: #deca8d; border-color: #663300; }

you only get to see the result of the change on the front end of the forum, when they are being used such as when creating a new thread. So, issue 1:

1) Is there a way to have the colors of your prefixes match both when you set them up on in the admin panel using Applications >> Thread Prefixes >> Create New Prefix?

prefixes---default.webp

2) I can't seem to change some colors, like the second prefix, the first below the one without a background (I call it "peach." I see that the CSS isn't listed above, so that would explain why my changes aren't affecting anything. :) But that one never appears any differently other than gray. Could be the same problem above. And I'm wondering how you set that (without messing up everything else... if possible.)
skyblue-peach.webp

Last edited:
If you change the prefix colors in thread_prefixes.CSS you only get to see the result of the change on the front end of the forum, when they are being used such as when creating a new thread

Correct.

Is there a way to have the colors of your prefixes match both when you set them up on in the admin panel using Applications >> Thread Prefixes >> Create New Prefix?

The only way would be to enable debug mode and modify the corresponding template in the master style for the ACP, but it would get overwritten after updating, so it's not really worth the effort, in my opinion.

In regard to the last question, what are you wanting to change, exactly?

Amaury - thanks for the reply. Had a feeling it would be not worth the effort to change the back end colors. No big deal. All the colors now look pretty good on the front end to my liking. The last question is changing the following:

1) Adding a background and color to the prefix without a background
2) Changing the colors of the second and third prefixes, directly below the one without a background. They appear not to have unique css classes and are built based upon primary and secondary colors. On my site they have gray backgrounds and the text is colored, as you see above. Not really useful, especially having gray tags already. I may just change the gray ones.
3) What is the setup for the one custom one all the way at the end? I don't know that I'll need more than a dozen prefixes at best, but always good to have more if I need them. :)

Top Bottom