Pre-Sales Questions

mikejody

Greetings, I'm posting to test the functionality as well as ask the following questions:
  1. Can we brand with our site? If so is this a paid feature?
  2. Can we upload files in a post?
  3. Does a URL show up just as a URL or does it come with a preview? I'm going to include one here so that I can see what it looks like. This is a recumbent bike site on Youtube.
  4. Can we insert pictures? I'll try one here to see.IMG_2160.webp

IMG_2160.webp

Can we brand with our site? If so is this a paid feature?
You can change the style of your forum however you like :)

Can we upload files in a post?
Yes, you can upload files and images. Uploaded images can be inserted into the posts.

Does a URL show up just as a URL or does it come with a preview? I'm going to include one here so that I can see what it looks like. This is a recumbent bike site on Youtube.
This is a feature that is actually coming in XF 2.1. You can read about it here.

Can we insert pictures? I'll try one here to see.
Yes :)

OK so I'm really loving the functionality of this. When you responded I received your entire response through email, not merely a notification that I had received a response which would require me to go to the website to read it. That was nice!

Additionally I see that you can answer inline, which makes it conversational which again is very nice.

Finally I see on the site itself there is a red dot, indicating there are responses to my post, which again is excellent. So glad to see the URLs will have a preview, that's a great feature.

So here are just a few more questions:

1--Is the functionality that I'm using right here the same functionality that would be on our site (we would have you guys install it, as I know nothing about it and our website manager is too busy to do so).

2--When I clicked on "quote" before replying here I got a notification that "quote was added" or something like that, but I don't see the quote anywhere. I'm hoping to see the quote somewhere when I post this.

3--What is the timeframe of releasing 2.1?

:love::giggle: (Yes I'm testing the emojis as I :barefoot:the site. Nice! (y)

Yes, this is the same functionality a new installation would have.
Note however that we have the optional Media Gallery and Resource Manager installed here also.

You added the quote to the multiquote system, which can then be used to insert into any post.
Just click 'Reply' to quote a post directly.

Currently we don't have a time - it depends on the beta process.
Most likely the end of the year/early next year.

Yes, this is the same functionality a new installation would have.
Note however that we have the optional Media Gallery and Resource Manager installed here also.

You added the quote to the multiquote system, which can then be used to insert into any post.
Just click 'Reply' to quote a post directly.

Currently we don't have a time - it depends on the beta process.
Most likely the end of the year/early next year.

OK I got it now, thank you.

Is it true that installing this on our site may increase our site's visibility on search engines? I've read that every post increases the page view on search engines. I'm presenting this to our board and want to be able to tell them the advantages of purchasing and installing Xenforo on our site.

Search engines just spider content.

Whether that increases visibility is down to how those pages are exposed by the search engines, what people search for, etc.

A site is only as good as its content.

I see, that makes sense. Is there any benefit that you can see (regarding traffic or site exposure, etc), with hosting the forum on our site over just using a generic off-site hosted forum?

Top Bottom