Pre Sales Question; Single Sign On

3c

First let me say that from everything I've read so far, XF is the forum software I want to have. IF I can get it setup to work the way I need it to.

Is there anyway to make XF authenticate off of another software's subscriber list? I am currently running Geodesic software and I need to keep it setup as the "frontend" where the users register/login, and then once they do, they can also access the XF forum.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Can anyone tell me the fields that XF needs to do authentications? All I want to do is have my Geo tell the XF database when someone registers/logs in/logs out. Any links in XF that would do that I can redirect to my Geo links and turn off the XF side of it. But not knowing the XF database fields, etc, I don't know where to start.

I've read several places around here where people are saying how easy the XF authentication part is, so there has got to be a way to make this work...

Without the software to work with, knowing which tables and fields are associated with authentication is worthless.

How are you going to test it without a database?

How are you going to test it without a database?

I figure if I manage to get to the testing part, I'll have to gamble on success and buy the software (which I really don't need to do if I can't)...Kind of hate to buy it and then end up having to go with vb anyway....unfortunately, I'm not a coder, I'm more of a tweaker wannabe...LOL..

someone around here had a link to a different bridge that was off site....and since they were giving it away, I downloaded a copy so maybe I could use it to get an idea of what's involved in one. I don't think what I need would be so complicated as I don't want to do any of the authentication in XF. I just need something to tell it add x/x is here/x is leaving, which may be a bit over simplistic, but like I said, I'm no coder....

but, I'm stubborn enough I haven't given up yet... ;) although, having so many tabs of bridge php files and php tutorials all open at the same time is enough to give someone a headache...LOL...

thanks Robbo...

Top Bottom