Pre-Sale Question

Word on the street is that we won't be able to purchase this software for use until sometime in Summer. And informants tell me that we may see an 'early adopters' pre-sale before that. :D

TBH, right now it's good enough to go on sale; that is, at least from a frontend perspective. Needs a number of additional feature implementations to be priced competitively to VB and IPB, but it's certainly stable enough.

There's still quite a bit of features missing though. ;) I don't mean anything to compete with other software, I mean in general.

Summer ends for the Northern Hemisphere on September 20, so I imagine we should be seeing some kind of early adopter's pre-sale within a month or so. If I had to guess based on no information whatsoever, I'd say last August or early September is when we'll get a chance to pre-order.

@Onimua
Yea, maybe I jumped the gun a bit :D. Probably a combination of my optimism and desire to get my hands on the software beyond what is currently available.

@Onimua
Yea, maybe I jumped the gun a bit :D. Probably a combination of my optimism and desire to get my hands on the software beyond what is currently available.

I won't hold it against you. :p We're all very excited about this software, what we can do with it, and where it's going.

We won't be doing a pre-sale as such. You will always be able to see exactly what you are buying.

Given how stable the software is already proving to be, we will probably start doing sales during the beta period, and we will have some form of early-adopter discount in place, the precise shape of which has yet to be decided.

We won't be doing a pre-sale as such. You will always be able to see exactly what you are buying.

Given how stable the software is already proving to be, we will probably start doing sales during the beta period, and we will have some form of early-adopter discount in place, the precise shape of which has yet to be decided.

shape being price, license structure or both?

either way, sounds good :D

We are keen to have a clear and transparent structure and you will all be able to see what you are buying. We are working to have XenForo ready for use as soon as possible and not before it is ready.

We are keen to have a clear and transparent structure and you will all be able to see what you are buying. We are working to have XenForo ready for use as soon as possible and not before it is ready.
Don't forget us phpBB users please :)

I'll happily volunteer to be the official phpBB guinea pig :D

That would probably be a beta worthy of being called Gold but still, let's call the rose exactly what it is :)

Top Bottom