• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Posts made my member not showing

Hi,

A member made posts and I received email alerts of the post made to a thread I watch. However, when I go to the thread, the posts are not there.

Is there any log that would show me what happened to them?

Thanks,

Art

Spoke with member. He is in the registered category that has access to the forum. He is able to see the posts he made. He made a new test post that I received an email on showing the post. However, when I go there, I, admin, cannot see his post and the site shows me that he has no posts.

Any thoughts?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The only things I can think of which could account for that are permissions (node specific), you are ignoring the member, or there is an add-on or customisation involved.

I'm not ignoring him. I'm not ignoring anyone. Permissions in the node for this person/usergroup is also correct. No addons or customization that would be involved. Note I can see all other members' posts.

Should I open a ticket?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Are other members able to see the posts?

If so, it's likely something unique to your account, again I would have to suggest one of the things I mentioned above.

Can you confirm the issue in a completely default style with all add-ons disabled?

One other possible explanation is the posts are moderated, but presumably you have already ruled that out?

Other members are not able to see his posts. Apparently, he is the only one. I get an email with his post but I don't see it on the forums.

It is the default style with all add-ons disabled. All other members are functioning normal. Nothing is awaiting moderator action.

This seems to be isolated to this one member.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If the posts are not moderated then there is nothing within XF which would allow the post author only to see their posts.

An add-on or other customisation has to be involved somewhere.

If you submit a ticket with ACP, FTP, and phpMyAdmin access, as well as the log in of the member in question, I can take a look.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
To follow up on this and in case anyone was wondering, the member in question was posting on a different site/URL.