XF 2.2 My member POLLS do not add votes

Zardoz43

I finally figured out how to create threads with POLLS
that will list all my possible ANSWERS
but when I click on any, some or all of the Poll Choices - no VOTE is recorded.

I posted the test poll and at least a few active members reviewed it (AND I ASSUME THEY MAY HAVE TRIED TO VOTE)

but the last test poll and the other half dozen polls I posted - NONE OF THEM SHOW ANY VOTES
(and I assume there must be some votes before the percentages of each choice is displayed)

Any suggestions as to what might be missing or not configured correctly???

I even created new forums that were defined to allow for polls - and these did accept poll forum input, choices, etc.
But no votes recorded. How exactly does one CHOSE A CHOICE - what do you CLICK ON?????

OH - I just found my prior post on same subject and a person gave me an example
and suggested that I MAKE SURE USER GROUP HAS PERMISSION TO VOTE ON POLL.. [I CHECKED, AND I DO]
but I just found USER PERMISSIONS IN ADMIN CONTROLS AND I CAN NOT DELETE settings for a user...
anyway my poll DOES NOT POP-UP WITH CHECK BOXES....
Here is what a helpful community member posted a sample of last time I asked this question
1658459111718.webp
So his sample POPS UP WITH LITTLE CHOICE CIRCLES TO CLICK ON.... NOTHING POPS UP ON MY POLLS....
(sorry if I should have figured this out by now. :)

1658457743621.webp

THAT'S IT - SOLVED after fermenting in 'wonderland' for three months!!!!!
and thanks to "Well known Member 'Mouth' who gave me the solution 3 months ago but
but being a notice XENFORO ADMINISTRATOR - he suggested PERMISSIONS
but I just did not realize that XENFORO has 'ten zillion different categories of PERMISSIONS!!!!
So the solution to my 'how does one make the POLLS work is:
1 log on to your Xenforo Administrator Control Area
2. find the GROUPS & permissions column on the left
1658461031648.png

3. then CAREFULLY REVIEW EACH CATEGORY OF PERMISSIONS TO MAKE SURE VOTE ON POLLS IS SELECTED
Vote on polls
  • Yes
  • No
  • Never
For every category and level of PERMISSIONS.
USER GROUP permissions
USER permissions
NODE permissions

And take advantage of the handy forum ANALYSE PERMISSIONS APP-LET!!!
Well, thanks again for solution. I will go back and check GROUP, USER & NODE permissions for all of my futile failed polls. :)

PS. Here is my now WORKING. POLL - notice lower right buttons to CAST VOTE AND VIEW RESULTS!
1658461489740.png
1658461507171.png

Thanks for clarification.

[Finally sunk in.... as EVERYONE must be REGISTERED
If the REGISTERED GROUP can vote in Polls.....

then EVERYONE can VOTE (in polls)!
thanks again. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom