1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed posting image without writing text

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Aug 20, 2010.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

Kier just made a post at which he posted an image only, but he did not write any text into his post.

When looking into the Postings-Tab at Kier´s Profile, there is actually no text visible, as he did not write any text. But I think there should be some kind of information that Kier has posted an image, like "View attachment 1099".

When Kier´s post is getting quoted, it actually says "View attachment 1099", although Kier did not write any text.

Please see 2 Screenshots attached to see what I mean.

Many thanks,

Attached Files:

Shadab and ked38 like this.
  2. Princeton

Princeton Well-Known Member

when post has an image - no text ... preview is blank
    Brandon_R and erich37 like this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure that's a bug as such.

The preview can only show text content if there is some present in the post.
  4. Princeton

it should show something ... the reader needs some type of feedback
    Grover likes this.
  5. Princeton

different bug .... I'm referring to the thread preview popup

but yes they are related
  6. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

if they strip bbcodes b4 checking post lenght, we can eliminate blank threads therfore we don't have to check for blank previews
  7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

A post with an image but without any text is valid, though (at least in my opinion). So that method wouldn't work. :)
  8. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Can you see the image on the preview?
  9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

10. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

My members would be able to understand quite easily that a blank preview is a picture. Personally it does not bother me.

edit: I certainly hope if anything changes that there will not be any performance degradation.
  11. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Yep, no biggie hear.
  12. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

We probably need to replace images with [image: my_filename.jpg] in previews.
  13. Floris

Floris Guest

That really has my vote :)
  14. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The news feed actually uses a different BB code stripping system--one that's designed for speed--so that is fixed as well now, though it doesn't have as many options available to it, compared to the full text BB code parser used with the thread preview.
    erich37 likes this.
  15. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

In the preview it would be nice to have the option to hide the bb tag altogether via the ACP, it makes it look like a bunch of code and isn't very sleek.
    Alien likes this.