Posting a *link* to YouTube

ForestForTrees

Hello,

I love the way that Xenforo handles media site embeds. Is there a way that I can include a link to a media site such as YouTube. For example, perhaps I want to have a video start at a specific position or with a specific resolution. Or perhaps I just want people to read one of the comments. Is there a clever way to make this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Just testing...

Hmm that didn't work...

YouTube Link

EDIT: Ah yes, that works.

Tactic is to write some text, highlight it, then use the insert link button on the editor and paste a YouTube link. This will change the text into a link to the YouTube video and it won't embed the video.

Hello,

I love the way that Xenforo handles media site embeds. Is there a way that I can include a link to a media site such as YouTube. For example, perhaps I want to have a video start at a specific position or with a specific resolution. Or perhaps I just want people to read one of the comments. Is there a clever way to make this possible?

Thanks in advance.
thank you...you just gave me an idea :-)

Thanks for the help, Chris. That works well.

I tried posting the URL as the display text on the link, but that didn't work. That's fine, though.

What I mean by the second sentence is that with a display text of "Random words" I get:
Random words

However, when I try to set the display text equal to the URL, the Media Site matcher kicks in and I get the video itself:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sometimes it is nice to have the URL display as the display text. I promise 10 internets to anyone who can make a link to a media site where the link URL is the display text.

Top Bottom