Post your speedtest.net results!

mine makes me bipolar just thinking about
2567585710.png
Do you live in the exchange? Definitely not ADSL2+ for sure

Do you live in the exchange? Definitely not ADSL2+ for sure
I'm just using 100mbps home cable, the exchange is about 20km away. As you can see it's throttled with uploads, probably so I can't run a server from home (against their tos) or upload large files en masse. It makes little sense, but that's Telstra for you.

I'm just using 100mbps home cable, the exchange is about 20km away. As you can see it's throttled with uploads, probably so I can't run a server from home (against their tos) or upload large files en masse. It makes little sense, but then again my ISP never has.
Ahhh, cable. Us Western Sydney-ites don't get cable. I have 2 cable modems in the garage, one from Telstra and one from Optus, from where we used to live. We are *supposed* to be getting the NBN around here soon - HA!

Ahhh, cable. Us Western Sydney-ites don't get cable. I have 2 cable modems in the garage, one from Telstra and one from Optus, from where we used to live. We are *supposed* to be getting the NBN around here soon - HA!
I think my area gets it in 2016 or something :D
I'm a boat ride away from Tassie, and they have it there! what the hell, give me one end of the fiber cable and I'll lay it back to melbourne with the boat.

I think my area gets it in 2016 or something :D
I'm a boat ride away from Tassie, and they have it there! what the hell, give me one end of the fiber cable and I'll lay it back to melbourne with the boat.
We were supposed to get it this month but it, apparently, has been pushed back to sometime in July. I'll believe it when I am connected to it.

Comcast "xfinity Performance"
I'm happy with the service, luckily my Comcast cable internet is always fast/quick.
The price...? I'm not sure, its $63/month (cost more for me since I do not have cable-tv or other add-ons). I don't have any other choices other than low-level slow DSL, which is a big NO THANKS. I'm reluctant to complain since I can at least get high-speed internet.

Does anybody know why some online-videos are granny at times? Like SpikeTV and sometimes Hulu. I'm not sure if its speed related or what.

y'all should really stop taking screenshots of your speedtest.net results...that is what the share button is for...

if you are worried about people finding out your location just select a server that is over 200 miles away from you...then if someone wanted to guess they would be looking within a 200 mile radius.

For instance...look at mine...it is 100 miles away in new jersey...no one that didn't already know where I was would be able to figure out where I am unless I gave them results from multiple tests using servers that are far apart from each other with vectors in multiple directions from my origin location...for instance in connecticut testing new jersey, I don't want to go show a result from a test in boston as that would limit the possible area of origin to the overlap of the two.

Just a thought.

Top Bottom