Post your speedtest.net results!

My mobile carrier is faster than my home connection. :D (Can't afford much more than DSL at the moment.)

upload_2013-6-26_22-22-32.webp

Blows away the so-called 4G-LTE speeds that verizon gouged us for. Never could get more than 3Mbps from them...when 4G even worked. :rolleyes:

My mobile carrier is faster than my home connection. :D (Can't afford much more than DSL at the moment.)

View attachment 50008

Blows away the so-called 4G-LTE speeds that verizon gouged us for. Never could get more than 3Mbps from them...when 4G even worked. :rolleyes:

Verizon's strength has never been in data. Even though they advertize themselves as such and have a wide range of plans and options for it. So that doesn't surprise me at all.

O2, Sprint, and T-Mobile usually have better data speeds (and options). Although O2 is a bit costly with their data plans.

I was getting 15Mbps via Verizon when I was in Fishers, IN a year ago...but I don't plan on living on a hotel right off the freeway either. ;)

I'm only on T-Mobile since I use the $30/month prepaid plan. Voice calls outbound go through Skype, so I don't have to use my 100 minutes of talk time. (I get 5GB/month for data, and I typically use less than half of it.)

I was getting 15Mbps via Verizon when I was in Fishers, IN a year ago...but I don't plan on living on a hotel right off the freeway either. ;)
I'm in Northern Indiana and my Verizon 4G speed tests are usually in the teens, I've even had it into the mid 20s.

Also how's the coverage for you? IMO the advantage that Verizon has is the bigger 4G coverage area, there's seldom a time that I don't have 4G. (I travel a lot across Indiana and Michigan)

Mine varies from this:

To this:

I am willing to bet the second one jumps so much higher because that test node is hosted by your ISP.

Also...one of the Boston tests kills my upload as well...try another Boston location and see what you get.

Try the Clifton New Jersey server, I bet your ping will be about 45-60 but your downstream will be better than your last local test. Just a hunch.

Either way...67 Mbs is still dumb fast for any residential connection not on fiber...(which you can't get except for in one area in my state, google fiber please come to my state, I will be your local office waterboy for free if you do).

Some people I know max their downstream out when downloading a file at 1.4 megabytes per sec (11.2 Mb/s) which I would probably lose my mind over if I had to deal with. I am quite used to hitting 13-14 megabytes a sec when downloading stuff and would have a hard time dealing with any slower...I am patient with 'almost' everything and everyone in life, bandwidth does not apply to this.

For those that have to deal with crappy internet access, I feel for yah... @gldtn, I can't really feel bad for you when you are faster than 80+% of the country...though...if I lived near you...I would probably be on FIOS, not that comcast hasn't been really good to me....but if I could upload to my webserver at 18 megabytes per sec...I would have a chit-grin on that would make you want to punch me right in the mouth.

I'm STILL(!!!) getting:

Download: 2.83 Mbps
Upload: 0.47 Mbps
Ping: 16ms
Server: Los Angeles, CA.​

using AT&T U-verse.

I called them (AT&T) this morning and they indicated that 3.0 Mbps was the fastest they had in my area, which is what they've been saying for years now.

I called Verizon and they unfortunately do not have FIOS in my area so the fastest they could offer me would be the same as AT&T.
This is most frustrating!

Not sure what I can do at this point.
Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

I'm STILL(!!!) getting:

Download: 2.83 Mbps
Upload: 0.47 Mbps
Ping: 16ms
Server: Los Angeles, CA.​

using AT&T U-verse.

I called them (AT&T) this morning and they indicated that 3.0 Mbps was the fastest they had in my area, which is what they've been saying for years now.

I called Verizon and they unfortunately do not have FIOS in my area so the fastest they could offer me would be the same as AT&T.
This is most frustrating!

Not sure what I can do at this point.
Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

If that's all you can get in your area you might have to move to get a better speed. Nothing really you can do otherwise.

Top Bottom