Post your desktop!

I rotate through backgrounds and themes, but a few I do like...
For the HD, and how it fits with my transparent bars...
1.png

Simply because I'm a nerd
2.png

I prefer the first one, though. I do have more, but I hate the other backgrounds :D

Gotta admit that this is now becoming a little more intimate..... I mean some people spend more time with their desktops than their missus!
My desk has matured over the years to a simple picture and a couple of useful widgets (used to be full of crud and detritis).
The Piccy is of the entrance to one of my favourite walks in the Lakes, just outside of Buttermere, this area is where I love to be, where everything good that has happened to me has happened :) I love the lakes. Bless Wainwright.

Butter.jpg

What's the cool looking tabbed shortcut window you're using there?

What's the cool looking tabbed shortcut window you're using there?
It's called 'Dragthing'. When I used to be a pc user I had a piece of software called 'Turbolaunch' which provided basic iconised launch pad, but on which I became dependent. When I converted to Mac I spent a while trying to find an alternative and found Dragthing, and boy, what a revelation.

DragThing is very old, it's been around since at least System 8 or 9. I used it for a while but ultimately found it was really a lot more than I needed on Mac OS X.

Full desktop setup

Though currently I only have one monitor so I flick between these, I do sometimes set it up with 2-3 montors and just have one hidden at t time which can slide on pushing the rest left/right... I plan (when money prevails) to get 4 permenant monitor setup with this... though I rarely use desktop 4...

Yay for iPlayer :D

Top Bottom