• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Traffic Poll: Mobiles and Devices vs Desktop / PC's - Please tell us your stats!

What percentage of your total traffic is from a device (read notes in thread for how to calculate)


  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .

Rob

Well-known member
#1
I have been seeing a HUGE shift in traffic over the past few months. My traffic from laptops / desktops is down to just 39% - the rest, a whopping 61% is now mobiles and devices. How does this compare to your website?

I am hoping that this poll can provide a valuable "lie of the land" overview in regards to device use - this may or may not influence the way we develop our forums, and perhaps xenforo developers would find it interesting.

I know there are general stats available for this elsewhere, but this is forum focused.

The way I calculated "device" traffic, was to subtract the "desktop" traffic percentage from 100 - the remainder should be devices only. Alternatively, add together the "mobile" and "tablet" traffic. I used the default "last month" as a the time frame.

Thank you for participating! This poll will close in two weeks.
 
Last edited:

FredC

Well-known member
#4
I have been seeing a HUGE shift in traffic over the past few months. My traffic from laptops / desktops is down to just 39% - the rest, a whopping 61% is now mobiles and devices. How does this compare to your website?

I am hoping that this poll can provide a valuable "lie of the land" overview in regards to device use - this may or may not influence the way we develop our forums, and perhaps xenforo developers would find it interesting.

I know there are general stats available for this elsewhere, but this is forum focused.

The way I calculated "device" traffic, was to subtract the "desktop" traffic percentage from 100 - the remainer should be devices only.

Thank you for participating! This poll will close in two weeks.
What time frame did you use?