1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traffic Poll: Mobiles and Devices vs Desktop / PC's - Please tell us your stats!

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Rob, Sep 24, 2014.

What percentage of your total traffic is from a device (read notes in thread for how to calculate)

Poll closed Oct 8, 2014.
  1. up to 30%

2. 30% - 40%

3. 40% - 50%

4. 50% - 60%

5. 60% - 70%

6. 80% +

0 vote(s)
  1. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I have been seeing a HUGE shift in traffic over the past few months. My traffic from laptops / desktops is down to just 39% - the rest, a whopping 61% is now mobiles and devices. How does this compare to your website?

I am hoping that this poll can provide a valuable "lie of the land" overview in regards to device use - this may or may not influence the way we develop our forums, and perhaps xenforo developers would find it interesting.

I know there are general stats available for this elsewhere, but this is forum focused.

The way I calculated "device" traffic, was to subtract the "desktop" traffic percentage from 100 - the remainder should be devices only. Alternatively, add together the "mobile" and "tablet" traffic. I used the default "last month" as a the time frame.

Thank you for participating! This poll will close in two weeks.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

30% mobile and 6% tablet
  4. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

What time frame did you use?
  5. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I just use the default "last month" - I've updated the first post - thanks.
  6. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

@BamaStangGuy you should have added them both together for the poll :)
  7. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I'm fairly evenly split between mobile and desktop. Tablets are actually fairly small on my sites, around 7%, if that.
  8. Deriel

Deriel Well-Known Member

Only 24,36% last 30 days