1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Post time incorrect

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Komori, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Komori

Komori Member

A member of my forum pointed out that the times for thread/post were off. They were correct and I got the time set correctly on the server. The problem is, since the time correction, a fair number of post were made in the "future" by about 6 hours as far as the forum is concerned, and thus new post on effected thread can't be made. I get an error about not being able to insert a message in the middle of a discussion. Any ideas on how the resolve the incorrect times or do we wait 6 hours?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That definitely points to an incorrect server time.

Amaury likes this.
  3. Komori

Komori Member

Yes, and I've resolved that issue. Any new thread shows the correct time, it's just "old" post that are not displaying properly and causing the issue I mention.

4. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

I had this issue before, you have to wait.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As stated above, other than manually editing the database, you will just have to wait for the actual time to catch up with the timestamps.

6. Komori

Komori Member

Well, that's not ideal. At least I know I wasn't missing anything, Thanks for the help you two. I'll just put up a notice since it's only 6ish hours with only a relatively small percent effected.

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

If the number of posts affected isn't very much, you could use this add-on by @Xon to manually change the dates/time to what they actually should be for the ones which are still incorrect.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Xon likes this.
  8. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

I think you ment to link to this add-on. It is a bit buggy sometimes about the changing the post ordering changing due to a logic error I haven't yet fixed.

9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Just realized that and fixed it, haha!