Post reply messed up

gmaister22

WE6

WEf

I dont know what it happened but my xenforo looks very messed up.

One that http://xenforo.com/community/threads/help-with-forum-listing.12107/

And now that one also, i can not post replies to any post, there is no reply box text and there is that freaking bar which whatever i click, doesn't do anything. Also the share area looks weird.

Edit: when i click Go, i get The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post does not define an action called Index.

Any fixed for those?....

Well, there's nothing obviously wrong there, but please confirm it on the default style. The JS is obviously not running properly based on your screenshot.

1) Try to reproduce the problem on a default style. Create a new style with no parent:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Styles -> Create New Style

Then select that style on your forum. If the problem goes away when using the new style then you know it's a problem with your custom style.

2) Try disabling your addons:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Add-ons -> Disable (in the Control menu for each addon)

It looks like the files did not upload correctly.
Try uploading it again, possibly using a different FTP program.

I can see that you also have outdated templates.
You need to revert those and reapply any edits you have made.

1) I get a white page on your site. If you can access the Admin CP then check the logs for errors:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Or try adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

That may reveal a more detailed error message instead of the white page.

2) As for your ongoing JS / CSS problems... view the source code of the page and try directly loading any JS / CSS includes. In Firefox you can click on the links when viewing the source:

Screen shot 2011-02-14 at 11.55.30 AM.webp

Do the JS / CSS links load successfully? Are any errors displayed?

Did this problem occur when you re-uploaded the .js files or before?

Which version of software were you running?

If RC 2 then as a starting point and to rule out any file related errors, I would suggest uploading the upgrade package in its entirety.
Don't upload the full package as that will overwrite your attachments and avatars.

Also, do you have any additional content in your .htaccess file or is it default?

1) Those errors in the log are from 2 weeks ago. Anything recent? Try adding that line to the config file to see if that reveals any errors on the white page.

2) I get a blank page on your main page too. I was hoping the error logs would shine some light on that.

Try viewing the source in your Admin CP. Your Admin CP style is messed up. Try directly loading the CSS in the Admin CP to see if that reveals any errors.

Should i just re-upload xenforo_1.0.0-Release-Candidate-2_upgrade ?

You can. If there is a file problem then re-uploading the files is a good step to take. We don't know if this is a file problem though. That is just an educated guess given that JS and CSS files apparently are not loading.

I want to take a look for myself because uploading the files before caused you even more problems. I still want to see if the JS and CSS files load directly. And I am still curious if there is a more detailed error behind that white page. Did you try adding that line to the config file yet?

Top Bottom