Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I just downloaded this , just a quick Newbie question - The default option in has css sprite sheet enabled >applications>ratings

Where is the sprite sheet? did it come with the download? As I am not seeing the post ratings under the forum posts

thanks

Interested in buying this now. I just want to confirm a few things first:

I want to introduce both likes and dislikes. But is it possible to customize it so that only specific user groups can be liked, while others can be both liked and disliked? I only want to have posts made by my staff to only be liked so that users on my forum don't try to target them for disliking.

Instead of a +/0/- system, is there a way to make this a net system? So that a +1 and a -1 cancel each other out?

Can rating be done completely anonymously?

As soon as I receive a proper answer I may buy the add-on and review it.

Thank you

Luke, I'm moving all my images onto a cookie less domain. Is it possible to change the location where the sprites are expected to be?

I have paid via Paypal, so how Can i download this now?

You should have received it via email, if not please PM me your payment email or transaction ID

Luke, I'm moving all my images onto a cookie less domain. Is it possible to change the location where the sprites are expected to be?

Yep you can add a prefix to the URLs in templates dark_postrating_input, _detail and _output

I just downloaded this , just a quick Newbie question - The default option in has css sprite sheet enabled >applications>ratings

Where is the sprite sheet? did it come with the download? As I am not seeing the post ratings under the forum posts

thanks

The spritesheet is included in the download, under the styles folder. The most common cause for ratings not appearing is forgetting to configure the permissions correctly.

Hi @Luke Foreman

I have a couple of questions:
  1. Are there any options to allow a user to include a comment with their rating?
  2. I have some reputations from the old MyBB software I used. The reps included giver, receiver, amount and (in most cases) post id - with this information would it be possible to import the information into the database directly (putting the rep as a basic like) and rebuild?
  3. Some reps don't have a post_id associated to them (MyBB allowed granting rep direct to a user), would there be anyway to import these?
Thank you

DoN

1. No
2. If you import with the option to keep IDs ticked, transferring these will be an easy process. You can find example import queries for ratings here.
3. Not really feasible to import these, as a rating recount would reset any manually edited totals to the correct values

Interested in buying this now. I just want to confirm a few things first:

I want to introduce both likes and dislikes. But is it possible to customize it so that only specific user groups can be liked, while others can be both liked and disliked? I only want to have posts made by my staff to only be liked so that users on my forum don't try to target them for disliking.

Instead of a +/0/- system, is there a way to make this a net system? So that a +1 and a -1 cancel each other out?

Can rating be done completely anonymously?

As soon as I receive a proper answer I may buy the add-on and review it.

Thank you

- Currently there are no options to prevent certain users/groups from receiving certain ratings
- It wouldn't be a particularly simple change, but you could do this with template edits
- Sort of. If you disable news feed integration, alerts integration and disallow the permission to see detailed rating lists, then there's no way to tell who rated who.

thanks I update the permissions and that seem to do the trick.

Now if I wanted to change the smilie/icons s on the sprite sheet.
what is the best add on out there for some good funny stuff? thanks

I apologize if this has already been answered. I tried searching the thread and couldn't find it.

On my install, "likes" are not showing up as Positive Ratings when you go to Members > Most Positive Ratings. I checked, and "Likes" are set to be positive in the ratings options. Is there a way to fix this so likes are recognized as positive? Or is something just goofy with my install. Its a brand new Xenforo, so shouldn't be too much wrong yet.

I apologize if this has already been answered. I tried searching the thread and couldn't find it.

On my install, "likes" are not showing up as Positive Ratings when you go to Members > Most Positive Ratings. I checked, and "Likes" are set to be positive in the ratings options. Is there a way to fix this so likes are recognized as positive? Or is something just goofy with my install. Its a brand new Xenforo, so shouldn't be too much wrong yet.

Within options > post ratings, it is probably this setting you want to set:

image.webp

I think I have it set right? Here are my options...unless I'm totally misreading what these options mean and do, or if likes can't both be likes and positive ratings? It would seem kind of silly not to be able to count a like as a positive rating...

post-ratings.webp likes.webp

It seems to actually be working now, not sure what changed. It didn't count the first bunch of likes, but seems to have started to do so now. So who knows.

Nevermind, still having all sorts of trouble with this. The "Most Positive Ratings" tab still doesn't seem to acknowledge "likes" as positive ratings for most users. Do I have to run a cron job to get this to update? It seems to work for some users, but not for others. Like if they have another type of positive rating, it'll count their likes as positive. But if they only have likes, it shows them having 0 positive ratings.

Nevermind, still having all sorts of trouble with this. The "Most Positive Ratings" tab still doesn't seem to acknowledge "likes" as positive ratings for most users. Do I have to run a cron job to get this to update? It seems to work for some users, but not for others. Like if they have another type of positive rating, it'll count their likes as positive. But if they only have likes, it shows them having 0 positive ratings.

I'm not able to reproduce any issues with this. Did you import likes from another forum system? Have you tried running 'recount ratings' in the admin cp?

Is there like an image pack anywhere for more ratings (past the standard ones) that I can add to my forum?

http://p.yusukekamiyamane.com/
http://famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

I'm not able to reproduce any issues with this. Did you import likes from another forum system? Have you tried running 'recount ratings' in the admin cp?

Yes, definitely tried that. It seems to work if members have other positive ratings besides just likes. So for example, there is a member that has received 7 likes (and no additional other ratings) and he shows up with 0 ratings in the "Most Positive Ratings" list. If you go to his profile, it shows he has 7 positive ratings. For other members that have a combination of positive ratings, they seem to appear in that list as they should.

I'm on a brand new Xenforo install, imported about 4,700 members from phpBB3. Never had a likes system or anything similar.

@Luke Foreman , here's an interesting bug our member discovered -

untitled-1-png.12483

User 'Root' was able to Like and Dislike the post at the same time. You can view it here - http://www.crazyengineers.com/threa...ised-encrypted-chat-client-for-windows.76107/

How do you make it so.. you dont have to hover over the rating icons for it to appear.. I just want it to show up.. and not have to hover over it to display the rating icons in thread

Also can sombody please show me where to edit the template so i can edit the display order of the bar.. in the postbit please.

Top Bottom