Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

http://p.yusukekamiyamane.com/
http://famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
QUOTE]

Aw thanks! Does this also fix the issue where it shows the white background behind the icon?

Check the third icon(the poop)
b8aa230a3099d12d122aa77b2d618d67.png

Ah Success :)I figured it now<3 Thank you.

Now my current question is
1. Where to find some of those Post Ratings icon listed in Kevin's table?
(Facepalm, Cake Reward, Lollipop reward, big ape, etc etc)

I've seen quite a few people with custom & unique icons, so where is a good place to find additional ones? LOL googling post ratings is a bit too broad :p

2. I got the Poop rating uploaded yet it looks a wee bit weird compared to the default with that white background behind it.
b8aa230a3099d12d122aa77b2d618d67.png

That's odd. Regarding the poop icon, there's no reason why that should bare a white background as I saved all icons as transparent .Png files. Unless that is another poop icon designed by somebody else that looks remarkably like the design I did.

Did you click the "Download Now" link at the top of that page? :p You'll get the spritesheet from Shelley that matches the entries in the table.

That's odd. Regarding the poop icon, there's no reason why that should bare a white background as I saved all icons as transparent .Png files. Unless that is another poop icon designed by somebody else that looks remarkably like the design I did.
I think I know what happened.

When I saved it...I didn't save the actual sprite Sheet from the Add-on.
I simply hit save on the smaller image that Shelley had linked here in the post. So that may be why it has that white background behind it...I am going to download the actual add-on and then try again!

and Kevin I must have been blind. I did not see the cake and lollipop icons when i looked originally :P This conversion of mine has tired me out obviously haha

Can you just tell me which code part is your name so i can move it accordingly? to where i want it? I like where my custom profile fields are at the moment.. i just want to move your mods field to the bottom

Here is a copy of the full message_user_info template after the modification is applied: (note this is from XF 1.3.2, there might be minor changes to merge in, but you get the idea - it's just swapping two large blocks of code round)

Code:
<xen:require css="message_user_info.css" />

<div class="messageUserInfo" itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Person">  
<div class="messageUserBlock">
    <xen:hook name="message_user_info_avatar" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
        <div class="avatarHolder">
            <span class="helper"></span>
            <xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" img="true" />
            <!-- slot: message_user_info_avatar -->
        </div>
    </xen:hook>

<xen:if is="!{$isQuickReply}">
    <xen:hook name="message_user_info_text" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
        <h3 class="userText">
            <xen:username user="$user" itemprop="name" rich="true" />
            <xen:if hascontent="true"><em class="userTitle" itemprop="title"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userTitle, $user, 1, 1}</xen:contentcheck></em></xen:if>
            {xen:helper userBanner, $user, 'wrapped'}
            <!-- slot: message_user_info_text -->
        </h3>

<xen:if hascontent="true">
        <div class="extraUserInfo">
            <xen:contentcheck>
            <xen:if is="@messageShowCustomFields AND {$user.customFields}">
            <xen:hook name="message_user_info_custom_fields" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">

<xen:foreach loop="$userFieldsInfo" key="$fieldId" value="$fieldInfo">
                    <xen:if is="{$fieldInfo.viewable_message}">
                        <xen:if hascontent="true">
                            <dl class="pairsJustified userField_{$fieldId}">
                                <dt>{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}:</dt>
                                <dd><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userFieldValue, $fieldInfo, $user, {$user.customFields.{$fieldId}}}</xen:contentcheck></dd>
                            </dl>
                        </xen:if>
                </xen:foreach>

<xen:hook name="message_user_info_extra" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">
                <xen:if is="@messageShowRegisterDate AND {$user.user_id}">
                    <dl class="pairsJustified">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase joined}:</dt>
                        <dd>{xen:date $user.register_date}</dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowMessageCount AND {$user.user_id}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$user.user_id}'}" class="concealed" rel="nofollow">{xen:number $user.message_count}</a></dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowTotalLikes AND {$user.user_id}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase likes_received}:</dt>
                        <dd>{xen:number $user.like_count}</dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowTrophyPoints AND {$user.user_id}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase trophy_points}:</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link 'members/trophies', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger concealed">{xen:number $user.trophy_points}</a></dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowGender AND {$user.gender}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase gender}:</dt>
                        <dd itemprop="gender"><xen:if is="{$user.gender} == 'male'">{xen:phrase male}<xen:else />{xen:phrase female}</xen:if></dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowOccupation AND {$user.occupation}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase occupation}:</dt>
                        <dd itemprop="role">{xen:string censor, $user.occupation}</dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowLocation AND {$user.location}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase location}:</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/location-info', '', 'location={xen:string censor, $user.location, '-'}'}" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" itemprop="address" class="concealed">{xen:string censor, $user.location}</a></dd>
                    </dl>

<xen:if is="@messageShowHomepage AND {$user.homepage}">
                        <dt>{xen:phrase home_page}:</dt>
                        <dd><a href="{xen:string censor, $user.homepage, '-'}" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" itemprop="url">{xen:string censor, $user.homepage}</a></dd>
                    </dl>

</xen:contentcheck>
        </div>

<span class="arrow"><span></span></span>
</div>
</div>

I think I know what happened.

When I saved it...I didn't save the actual sprite Sheet from the Add-on.
I simply hit save on the smaller image that Shelley had linked here in the post. So that may be why it has that white background behind it...I am going to download the actual add-on and then try again!

and Kevin I must have been blind. I did not see the cake and lollipop icons when i looked originally :p This conversion of mine has tired me out obviously haha

/slaps some sense into @Micah Impulse :P Take your time with it and you'll have it all done in no time. :)

Is there a way to let non-logged on users see the rating icons and their meanings? Could be useful to entice them to register and post. Basically a Rate this post invitation.

Is there a way to let non-logged on users see the rating icons and their meanings? Could be useful to entice them to register and post. Basically a Rate this post invitation.
In dark_postrating_input, replace:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$postrating_can_rate}">

With:

Code:
<xen:if is="true OR {$postrating_can_rate}">

And in dark_postrating, replace:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$postrating_has_ratings} OR {$postrating_can_rate}">

With:

Code:
<xen:if is="true OR {$postrating_has_ratings} OR {$postrating_can_rate}">

In dark_postrating_input, replace:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$postrating_can_rate}">

With:

Code:
<xen:if is="true OR {$postrating_can_rate}">

And in dark_postrating, replace:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$postrating_has_ratings} OR {$postrating_can_rate}">

With:

Code:
<xen:if is="true OR {$postrating_has_ratings} OR {$postrating_can_rate}">

Sorry--I'm new to this software. I realize that I have to edit some files but I cant seem to find dark_postrating or dark_postrating_input

@Luke Foreman, I'm planing to merge my site with another. In the process I'm planning to remove the Post Ratings addon. Are the likes removed when I do that? Or do the positive ratings remain as likes?

@Luke Foreman, I'm planing to merge my site with another. In the process I'm planning to remove the Post Ratings addon. Are the likes removed when I do that? Or do the positive ratings remain as likes?

Likes are kept, and there is a bit of a hack you can do to convert positive ratings into likes: select each positive rating in turn as the 'Like rating' in the post rating options and run the 'recount ratings' process for each. Take a backup beforehand as this will make irreversible changes to your database.

Top Bottom