Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

We've seen a few of our users react to the ratings they receive by giving that user negative ratings as well. I turned off the ability to see who rated a post, but users still can see via a notification or in their user panel.

Is there any way to disable a user group's complete ability to see the post ratings to avoid this situation?
At least Neutral and Negative ratings.. I would hate to see likes and or positive ratings be anonymous

Hello,

How can you change the colour of the green/red bar on forum bit?
Code:
.dark_postrating_bar_positive {
background: blue;
}
.dark_postrating_bar_neutral {
background: green;
}
.dark_postrating_bar_negative {
background: red;
}
in EXTRA.css is the way I do it. Just edit the colors to what you want.

Code:
.dark_postrating_bar_positive {
background: blue;
}
.dark_postrating_bar_neutral {
background: green;
}
.dark_postrating_bar_negative {
background: red;
}
in EXTRA.css is the way I do it. Just edit the colors to what you want.
I tried this but it doesn't change the colors of the green bar.

I tried this but it doesn't change the colors of the green bar.
You may need to do an !important after it. I'll have to double check on my one of my forums that I changed it on to make sure.

EDIT:
Yep, I had to use an !important after them.

How much does that addon cost?
Is there not a way tot do this manually?
No there isnt. Ideally this customisation should have been in this addon, but msged luke about it and didnt get a reply hence needed to get it as, as you mentioned negative ratings creates a lot of revenge ratings.

The addon is 10 or 15USD. You have to contact the developer.

There is no way to track or search for ratings that posts have received per member basis.

Like for example, i dont know which posts of mine have received the ratings and which exact rating. Is it possible to work this feature out.

There is no way to track or search for ratings that posts have received per member basis.

Like for example, i dont know which posts of mine have received the ratings and which exact rating. Is it possible to work this feature out.
yes you need to look through the dark_postratings table i believe. Has all the info you need.

Is it possible to add a feature to limit the amount of post ratings a person can give per day?

I also haven't received the latest update; I'm wondering how I get that sent to me?

Thank you.

Is it possible to add a feature to limit the amount of post ratings a person can give per day?

I also haven't received the latest update; I'm wondering how I get that sent to me?

Thank you.

- That is not currently available but may be added in the future

- PM me your email used for payment or paypal transaction ID and I'll get it resent to you

Hi @Luke Foreman

I have a couple of questions:
  1. Are there any options to allow a user to include a comment with their rating?
  2. I have some reputations from the old MyBB software I used. The reps included giver, receiver, amount and (in most cases) post id - with this information would it be possible to import the information into the database directly (putting the rep as a basic like) and rebuild?
  3. Some reps don't have a post_id associated to them (MyBB allowed granting rep direct to a user), would there be anyway to import these?
Thank you

DoN

Hi Luke,

Members are reporting issues with the addon not working properly under recent versions of Chrome for Linux. Specifically, they say if they mouse over the icons, some of the the icons jump out of the div they're in or disappear.

Top Bottom