Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I've just tested with RTL mode (direction:rtl on the html element rather than an actual rtl language, not sure if that makes a difference) and I can't see any issues at all - everything looks as it should. There is no 'likes 3 x' issue.
You should try it with RTL language, like arabic or hebrew..
Thanks anyway for the effort.

@Luke Foreman - I'm using UI.X-> Antiquark style and have updated to the latest version. However, there have been multiple instances where after clicking on the ratings button, the 'Undo Rating' does not appear until I refresh the page. Earlier, it was very quick and worked very smoothly. See this screenshot -

Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 2.56.02 pm.webp

The first like on that post is from me; and yet, I still see rating icons. How do I fix it?

@Luke Foreman - I'm using UI.X-> Antiquark style and have updated to the latest version. However, there have been multiple instances where after clicking on the ratings button, the 'Undo Rating' does not appear until I refresh the page. Earlier, it was very quick and worked very smoothly. See this screenshot -

View attachment 75096

The first like on that post is from me; and yet, I still see rating icons. How do I fix it?

Facing that problem too. It only happens for like rating.

View attachment 75096

Have also noticed this. Maybe @Audentio could suggest something?

View attachment 75096

Confirmed - it's a bug in post ratings itself rather than an issue with a particular style

Will get a fix out ASAP

Luke Foreman updated Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level with a new update entry:

Version 1.6.5

Please expand post to view the update instructions.

Changelog:

1.6.5 (05/06/2014):

• Removed legacy 1.5.1 version from zip package, so auto installers should work again now
  • Updated 'Enable alerts integration' option to also block alerts from XF likes on posts
  • Updated 'Enable news feed integration' option to also block news feed items from XF...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it possible to make this option - "Allow multiple unread rating alerts for post" to work with like rating too?
i.e. When a post received 3 like rating & 3 other ratings, alert will only show the first rating, rather than 3 likes alerts & 1 other rating alert.

Added in 1.6.5

@Luke Foreman
If we have changed the email we use for receiving the download for updates, where can we request to have it changed? I was wondering where the download was for me, and then I realized it is probably set to a non-existent email I no longer use.

@Luke Foreman
If we have changed the email we use for receiving the download for updates, where can we request to have it changed? I was wondering where the download was for me, and then I realized it is probably set to a non-existent email I no longer use.

PM me your old and new email address (or if you don't remember the old one, your paypal transaction id)

Template rebuilding seems to be taking forever in the latest build.

Rebuilding... Templates . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

is running since last 3 minutes.

Somehow I don't get any alerts anymore (1.6.5 version). Anyone having the same issue?
Enable alerts integration is checked.

Last edited:
Template rebuilding seems to be taking forever in the latest build.

Rebuilding... Templates . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

is running since last 3 minutes.

It must be coincidental as no templates were changed in 1.6.5

Somehow I don't get any alerts anymore (1.6.5 version). Anyone having the same issue?
Enable alerts integration is checked.

I can't confirm any issues with alerts

Set opacity to 1 yet it's still faded until I hover. Tried 0, decimals, high numbers, everything. No difference.

Also it would be great if the admin could set a limit to the number of posts that users can rate each day. Similar to how most reputation systems can limit the number of posts you can give rep to each day. I would happily pay to have this option included in the addon.

This could possibly happen if you have unmerged changes in template dark_postrating_input or your js/dark/postrating.js file is significantly out of date

Feature request noted :)

Is it possible to disable post ratings in specific thread or forum? Thanks!

You can disable them in a specific forum using XF Node Permissions

I doubt the postrating.js file is out of date as I only installed the addon two days ago. As for unmerged changes in dark_postrating_input, I honestly have no clue what that means, I'm a layman. :LOL: How should I go about checking this?

It's likely not that then. Can you link me to your forum where the error occurs?

Top Bottom