Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

When I log out and go to Recent Activity, it will show something like this
Member A rated your post Funny in the thread xxxx
If I log in, it will show
Member A rated member B's post Funny in the thread xxxx

this is a great addon
Can i assign certain ratings to certain forums?
I can't figure out how at the moment

this is a great addon
Can i assign certain ratings to certain forums?
I can't figure out how at the moment

When adding/editing a rating, use this:

fzaj.png

When I log out and go to Recent Activity, it will show something like this
Member A rated your post Funny in the thread xxxx
If I log in, it will show
Member A rated member B's post Funny in the thread xxxx

Reproduced, will fix in the next update

Can this be used for pages? I would like to be able to rate a page.

Or....

I would like to be able to rate a page 1 to 5 stars.

Can this be used for pages? I would like to be able to rate a page.

Or....

I would like to be able to rate a page 1 to 5 stars.

8thos, this is a 'post ratings' add-on. Plus, it doesn't use a 'star' ratings system, it uses various types of 'ratings' such as "like", "helpful" or "agree". Although, you could edit the post ratings criteria to be a 'one-star' and 'two-star' if you wanted to change it. You'd have to have a separate image for each 'star'. Although, I don't think that's going to help with what you're looking to do.

I'm still getting occasional duplicate entries in the Activity Stream (at least a few a day) that I've reported before, but they've been definitely reduced since you tried fixing it. It's still occurring however, so maybe another look-over would be warranted? :)

Another example:

916e42483c.png

I also had it occur with my own account (to make sure it wasn't someone just undoing their rating then re-rating it), and it happened to me too.

Sorry if this has already been covered in the 33 pages of discussion, but is it possible to have a Leaderboard using these? For example, under Members -> Leaderboard.. show the top 10 people in descending order for each of the rating types? Similar to what you have when you click on List in a Thread, but at a global level. If not, I think this would be a cool feature. Maybe be able to reset it each month. So you could reward people for most helpful of the month for example.

Hi there i got a probelm:

After installing this addon everything seems to work just fine. but then I saw, that the icons for rating under a post are missing. I don't know why. On the Profile Page and were existing likes are the icons are there. But to give a new rating the bottons are missing.

All TMS teomplate changes were correctly applied.

So what could be wrong?

Thanks for help

benny

Sorry if this has already been covered in the 33 pages of discussion, but is it possible to have a Leaderboard using these? For example, under Members -> Leaderboard.. show the top 10 people in descending order for each of the rating types? Similar to what you have when you click on List in a Thread, but at a global level. If not, I think this would be a cool feature. Maybe be able to reset it each month. So you could reward people for most helpful of the month for example.

slowreflex, I believe that it was discussed and DI mentioned he was looking at that. But, I can't recall at what stage that was in. Good idea though :)

Hi there i got a probelm:

After installing this addon everything seems to work just fine. but then I saw, that the icons for rating under a post are missing. I don't know why. On the Profile Page and were existing likes are the icons are there. But to give a new rating the bottons are missing.

All TMS teomplate changes were correctly applied.

So what could be wrong?

Thanks for help

benny

Have you set up the permissions correctly? It defaults to off

Ahhh I'm such a ... ok you are completly right. Thanks. I only look a the "Like" permission not the new "rating" permissions. Now everything works just fine!

Thanks!

Sylar,
I thought about it but the latest version of this addon does not use manual template edit but instead automatically so I don't know how it will work.
Hm, I'm not using TMS, so I do the template edits manually. Couldn't you still go in and just remove the code from the ad_message_below template?

Sylar,
I thought about it but the latest version of this addon does not use manual template edit but instead automatically so I don't know how it will work.

If you go to admin.php?styles/ and then click template modifications next to the style you want to disable it on, there checkboxes there ad_message_below should do it.

You might need to be in debug mode for the option to appear

I'm still getting occasional duplicate entries in the Activity Stream (at least a few a day) that I've reported before, but they've been definitely reduced since you tried fixing it. It's still occurring however, so maybe another look-over would be warranted? :)

Another example:

916e42483c.png

I also had it occur with my own account (to make sure it wasn't someone just undoing their rating then re-rating it), and it happened to me too.
Been getting this a lot lately myself, seems it went away in a past update but now it's returned. Wasn't this the race condition bug leading to double entries? Users are getting dupe alerts about them too.

Top Bottom