Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Thanks, but that option is "Hide post after x negative ratings" which would disable/enable if an actual post would be shown or not as a result.

I'm referring to the actual displaying of negative points (and the slash) and how to remove that from the membercard and display near top of sidebar as in the pictures I posted.

Have you the latest version installed?

nmui.png

Wow, maybe that's what it is. When was that version mailed out?

EDIT: Got it. Thanks for that ... I was running 1.3 and version 1.3.1 had been released. :D

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Is there an option to make post ratings anonymous for a usergroup?
I'd like to have a specified usergroup not to be able to see who gave them post ratings.

Thanks in advance :)

I have a small "clean-up" suggestion. Normally when a post hasn't recieved any ratings and when a user doesn't have permission to rate (mostly guests), there is still an empty dark_postrating container in the post that takes up space in form of a white gap.
HTML:
<div class="dark_postrating ">
    <div class="dark_postrating_container">

<ul class="dark_postrating_outputlist">

</ul>

<script type="text/javascript">
var dark_postrating_minimum_opacity = 1;
</script>

<ul class="dark_postrating_inputlist " style="opacity: 1;">

</ul>

</div>
    <div style="clear: right;"></div>
</div>

Can you make it that this container is only produced in the html output if the post has at least one rating or if you don't have permission to rate?

Is it possible to update the information in Style Properties: Message Elements to something nicer? Maybe in the CSS?

I only use the positive and negative versions. Something similar to this I suppose. I'm hoping it can be done without hiring someone, so I'd appreciate anyone with better coding knowledge than me could advise lol.

Mock up:

rating1.webp rating2.webp

Cal, is that calculated as an "ending" to know how far the progress of the ratings have gone? Or, is that the ratio of positives to negatives?

Cal, is that calculated as an "ending" to know how far the progress of the ratings have gone? Or, is that the ratio of positives to negatives?

I'm quite sure it's the ratio of positives to negatives. I wouldn't imagine it would be logical to have a progression indicator for ratings unless I'm missing the point of that screenshot.

Is it possible to update the information in Style Properties: Message Elements to something nicer? Maybe in the CSS?

I only use the positive and negative versions. Something similar to this I suppose. I'm hoping it can be done without hiring someone, so I'd appreciate anyone with better coding knowledge than me could advise lol.

Mock up:

This is useless if a member only has one positive or negative rating. It'll then just be full green or red.

I'm quite sure it's the ratio of positives to negatives. I wouldn't imagine it would be logical to have a progression indicator for ratings unless I'm missing the point of that screenshot.

That's what I would assume, but just checking with him. You know what they say about assuming ;)

Plus, if the decision is that he wants to institute this as an option, I want to be sure that DI is clear on the suggestion :D

This is useless if a member only has one positive or negative rating. It'll then just be full green or red.

How would that be any different than having a great poster with 30+ and still 0 negatives?

Personally, I think its kinda cool. I'd probably add the +/- numbers really small underneath the bar, to add to it.

Personally, I think its kinda cool. I'd probably add the +/- numbers really small underneath the bar, to add to it.
So oldschool :P Why not use javascript to make 2 view options that can be switched with a simple click? Or make it a typical xenforo hover effect.

How would that be any different than having a great poster with 30+ and still 0 negatives?

You could probably have the rating count inside the graph container, it'll save breaking onto another line but I guess this type of thing will be down to user preference.

rating.webp

I actually like that, and it never came to thought. Nice.

I think I'm warming up to the whole graph Ratio >> PR thing and think it's actually a good idea worth exploring, expanding on. I'm trying to figure out designs for such a feature on the chance DI implements this and feels it might be a good addition to the post ratings which quite frankly now, I think it will be.

I'm glad everyone likes the idea lol. I figured it would look better cosmetically, it would interest users more - they'd want to keep that green bar up over the red, etc. I just thought it would be great improvement as I (and so does my community) find the numbers to be are rather bland and I don't think a lot of people take notice to them.

It's a ratio based on the number of + and - ratings they get. If we have neutral votes enabled I wouldn't even put them in this, leave them in the alerts where the person can say hey I got a rating, but does not effect the total score.

Shelley's image is perfect!

I have a small "clean-up" suggestion. Normally when a post hasn't recieved any ratings and when a user doesn't have permission to rate (mostly guests), there is still an empty dark_postrating container in the post that takes up space in form of a white gap.
HTML:
<div class="dark_postrating ">

<ul class="dark_postrating_outputlist">

</ul>

<script type="text/javascript">
var dark_postrating_minimum_opacity = 1;
</script>

<ul class="dark_postrating_inputlist " style="opacity: 1;">

</ul>

</div>
</div>

Can you make it that this container is only produced in the html output if the post has at least one rating or if you don't have permission to rate?

Allright, I decided to fix this myself but I need someone to help me with a variable. Here is my code so far:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$postrating_has_ratings} OR _userCanRate_">
<div class="dark_postrating {xen:if $postrating_has_ratings, 'likesSummary secondaryContent'}">
            <xen:include template="dark_postrating_output" />
            <xen:include template="dark_postrating_input" />
    </div>
</div>
</xen:if>

Instead of the made up userCanRate I need a variable that checks if someone can rate a post. If someone can rate a post (because it's not his own post) OR if the post already recieved ratings then the darkratings container should be outputed. If a post hasn't recieved ratings AND someone can't rate (because it's his own post), then the darkratings container should be removed from the html.

Any help please?

Ok, nevermind. This is the right code to use:

Template: dark_postrating

Replace
HTML:
<div class="dark_postrating {xen:if $postrating_has_ratings, 'likesSummary secondaryContent'}">
    </div>
</div>

with
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$postrating_has_ratings} OR {$postrating_can_rate}">
    </div>
</div>
</xen:if>

Perhaps you want to include this in the next update.

Someone might have asked this already and I couldn't find it but is there a way to disable the Listing feature from members and only allow Staff Members to see who "upvoted" and "downvoted" a post?

Top Bottom