No permission to download

DRE

The8thLegion submitted a new resource:

I created this template modification so that my site members can post a new thread from the forum home. This is different from the original thread I posted because you have to be logged in to see the button. All I did was re-use the RSS button code, nothing special. You will have to play around with the code to align it how you want. I've included blue, gray, pink, orange and yellow buttons in the zip. Original...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks! Did you make the version of this from vBulletin?

Not for vb. But I have made it for a custom of mine who uses another forum software. It is very handy to have the Post New Thread there.

Borbole could you consider making this post new topic template edit and this post new reply from thread display as an add-on?

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-new-reply-from-thread-display.532/

I would have taken a look if I had some more free time The8thLegion. But as a template modification it is fine too.

In an effort to make our transition from vb as smooth as possible we kept the phrases "thread" and "posts". Could you please make an image that says "Post Thread"? (I'm using the topics.png image)

Or better yet could you just include the PS file and I'll make my own?

In an effort to make our transition from vb as smooth as possible we kept the phrases "thread" and "posts". Could you please make an image that says "Post Thread"? (I'm using the topics.png image)

Or better yet could you just include the PS file and I'll make my own?
I didn't even use photoshop. I did it with www.pixlr.com

Reactions: DBA
For some reasons It did not work with me , anyone having problems with this ?
It's really great function to add , can it be done using text instead of an image

For some reasons It did not work with me , anyone having problems with this ?
It's really great function to add , can it be done using text instead of an image
Yes. when I click on the post topic image, it takes me to an error page which says: "You may not perform this action because this forum does not permit posting." :cautious:

Works for me. Have you done any unique customization to your site? For instance, changing your forum route etc.

Yes, lot's of customizations but the problem is that it's going to be too much of a hassle to figure which mod is not working with the other. So since this addition was the last one with an issue, it has to be the one removed.

Your problem is probably here:

{xen:link forums/create-thread, $forum}

^^^If your subforum route isn't 'forums' then maybe that's why it's not working.

Not sure why it's not working for me either
My subforum route it forums/#/create-thread

The issue isn't an actual error it's that it's not showing up even if I tweak the css or make it an actual button. RSS still shows up *copy pasted code over previous code* but there's no link to create a new thread.

Try a cache rebuild of templates? Sorry bout that. I have no idea what your problem could be so I'll create a TMS addon of this so that you don't have to touch the templates and I'll include the new 'Create Thread' button that I currently use for my own forum.

Top Bottom