XF 1.4 Keeping ad_below_top_breadcrumb from displaying on "post new topic" or "full reply" pages

Sal Collaziano

Okay, I must be using the wrong template name. Would somebody point me in the right direction? I have a 728x90 leaderboard in my ad_below_top_breadcrumb template but I don't want it appearing on the page where people are posting a new topic (create-thread) OR doing a full reply (ad-reply).

<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'create_thread'">
ADCODE
</script>
</center>
</xen:if>

Valhalla

...is there a list of page names associated with their template names?
See this post: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181112

3. How can I find out which template to edit?
Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
<div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is: <div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

melbo

I would suggest using responsive ads since your site will be responsive on mobile view. A hard coded leaderboard will break views from mobile

Sal Collaziano

I would suggest using responsive ads since your site will be responsive on mobile view. A hard coded leaderboard will break views from mobile
My leaderboard is actually a Google Adsense ad. Can't that be hard coded as a responsive ad? Right now I'm just setting up everything the way I have it on my vBulletin forum and figured I'd switch everything to responsive code once I saw everything working properly...

melbo

Yeah, you can select responsive from adsense and it will deliver the ad size based on device screen size. Will alwyas be your full size leaderboard on desktop, etc