1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 post moving

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by sonaya, Jul 25, 2013.

1. sonaya

sonaya Member

hello friends

can u help me to moving o moving post to another thread .when i move then create a new thread for single post /but i don't want new thread in single post .

sonaya sangwan

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Moving posts to another thread is a two step process.

First split the posts off to a new thread, then merge that new thread with the other.

3. sonaya

sonaya Member

w
    when i select merge then show plz select 2 post .or first step don't understand.

4. Brogan

Select the threads for merging from the inline moderation or the Thread Tools dropdown - Select for Thread Moderation.

upload_2013-7-25_18-27-53.png

5. sonaya

sonaya Member

i think this option is thread moving not post moving .

6. Brogan

That is for thread merging/moving, etc.

As I explained above, you first need to split the posts off to a new thread.

7. sonaya

sonaya Member

but i want post moving

8. Brogan

9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As Paul (Brogran) has stated, it is a two step process to move posts from one thread to another.
    The steps (as described) are:
    1. Split the posts you want to move. Yes, this creates a new thread.
    2. Merge the newly created thread into your destination thread.
    A direct thread to thread 'move' of posts is not possible.

10. sonaya

sonaya Member

i don't understand dear plz say simple method

11. sonaya

sonaya Member

thanks i got it .

12. mono

mono Active Member

@Brogan , @King Kovifor, Don't you agree that this is a little bit complicated? Are there any plans to embody it in one step process further? Thanks.

13. Brogan

There is an open suggestion for it.

mono likes this.
  14. Darril

Darril New Member

I am new to xenforo so this might seem very basic, but I'm trying to move a post and step 1 is repeated multiple times in this thread as "Split the posts you want to move" but I do not see how to do this.

While looking at the thread, it has four posts. I select Thread Tools and see these three options:
    Edit Thread
    Delete Thread
    Move Thread

I do not see Split Thread anywhere.

Also, when I select "Select for Thread Moderation" the box is checked (as implied in one of the posts in this thread), but I do not see any other options available.

A search of the online manual of "Split" comes up empty. A search of the control panel on "Split" comes up empty.

15. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Select the posts and choose "Move Posts".

16. Darril

Darril New Member

Thanks for the response. I had overlooked that little checkbox next to the user name at the bottom of the post that allowed me to "select the posts" so I was even confused by your seven word response. However, I knew that there must be a way based on your response and found it. There are a lot of good options after selecting the posts. Thanks again.