XF 1.1 post moving

sonaya

hello friends

can u help me to moving o moving post to another thread .when i move then create a new thread for single post /but i don't want new thread in single post .

sonaya sangwan

Moving posts to another thread is a two step process.

First split the posts off to a new thread, then merge that new thread with the other.

but i want post moving
As Paul (Brogran) has stated, it is a two step process to move posts from one thread to another.
The steps (as described) are:
  1. Split the posts you want to move. Yes, this creates a new thread.
  2. Merge the newly created thread into your destination thread.
A direct thread to thread 'move' of posts is not possible.

As Paul (Brogran) has stated, it is a two step process to move posts from one thread to another.
The steps (as described) are:
  1. Split the posts you want to move. Yes, this creates a new thread.
  2. Merge the newly created thread into your destination thread.
A direct thread to thread 'move' of posts is not possible.

thanks i got it .

I am new to xenforo so this might seem very basic, but I'm trying to move a post and step 1 is repeated multiple times in this thread as "Split the posts you want to move" but I do not see how to do this.

While looking at the thread, it has four posts. I select Thread Tools and see these three options:
Edit Thread
Delete Thread
Move Thread

I do not see Split Thread anywhere.

Also, when I select "Select for Thread Moderation" the box is checked (as implied in one of the posts in this thread), but I do not see any other options available.

A search of the online manual of "Split" comes up empty. A search of the control panel on "Split" comes up empty.

Thanks for the response. I had overlooked that little checkbox next to the user name at the bottom of the post that allowed me to "select the posts" so I was even confused by your seven word response. However, I knew that there must be a way based on your response and found it. There are a lot of good options after selecting the posts. Thanks again.

Top Bottom