Post Limit Per Node by AddonsLab

Post Limit Per Node by AddonsLab 1.6.1

No permission to download
[QUOTE = "AddonsLab, poste: 1174843, membre: 137157"] Permettez-nous de vérifier cela pour vous localement et nous vous informerons bientôt dans quelles pages les paramètres doivent être mis à jour et comment exactement.

Merci! [/ QUOTE]

ok comment je le fais? Je vous donne un administrateur?

[QUOTE = "AddonsLab, poste: 1174843, membre: 137157"] Permettez-nous de vérifier cela pour vous localement et nous vous informerons bientôt dans quelles pages les paramètres doivent être mis à jour et comment exactement.

Merci! [/ QUOTE]

ok comment je le fais? Je vous donne un administrateur?

We are testing this locally right now, to be sure there is no issue in the product itself, and in the process we will provide you the exact instructions to try yourself. If it fails, we will ask you for access details and check ourselves. We will inform you soon about the results of our check.

Thank you!

Hello, @beepdotpw

We have analyzed it in details locally, and here is the final conclusion on how this should be setup. Please note, that this all applies to all XenForo permissions, which allow you to enter numeric values, so this behavior is not something we created or we can control in our add-on.

The permission on usergroup level can be set to "unlimited" or to any number. On node level, the same permission can be set to values "inherit", "unlimited" or to a number. The general rule of permission override is the highest value wins. So, if you set "unlimited" on usergroup level, no matter what you set on node level, the value can not be overridden, and the final result will be "unlimited". If you set thread count to 10 in usergroups and set it to 5 in the node, 10 will be the final value used. If you set 0 in usergroups, and 5 in the node, 5 will be the final value used.

I hope this clarifies all. Just let us know if you still have any questions.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Post Limit Per Node by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Time unit configuration

This release implements two options to set the prefered time unit when configuring the permissions. Time unit can be set separately for threads and posts. The numbers set in Permissions will use this unit. Phrases in the list of permissions also update dynamically based on the setting activated.

By default, the unit is set to "hours" for both threads and posts, which makes the update fully backward-compatible. No changes in configuration are needed if you want to keep using "hours" as the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: rdn
Secondary Group custom limit doesn't honored for me though.
Still what Registered Group limit is still being implemented to every user.

Secondary Group custom limit doesn't honored for me though.
Still what Registered Group limit is still being implemented to every user.

Which setting has the higher number? Unlimited is considered the highest, so it can't be overridden. Using Analyze permissions tool may show why the system uses one or another setting.

@RoldanLT , here is what I reproduced checking the system in depth:

The permission on usergroup level can be set to "unlimited" or to any number. On node level, the same permission can be set to values "inherit", "unlimited" or to a number. The general rule of permission override is the highest value wins. So, if you set "unlimited" on usergroup level, no matter what you set on node level, the value can not be overridden, and the final result will be "unlimited". If you set thread count to 10 in usergroups and set it to 5 in the node, 10 will be the final value used. If you set 0 in usergroups, and 5 in the node, 5 will be the final value used.

This current logic cannot be change?

This is the way XenForo permission system is implemented, so we can't change it, unfortunately. This applies to all integer-type permissions. See the screenshots attached that demonstrate it on another, built-in permission in XenForo.

Attachments

• Screenshot at Sep 15 09-51-50.webp
    Screenshot at Sep 15 09-51-50.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot at Sep 15 09-50-29.webp
    Screenshot at Sep 15 09-50-29.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: rdn
ok merci pour la précision, donc si je place 0 dans les groupes d'utilisateurs et 5 dans le nœud, la valeur sera utilisée 5, mais dans les autres noeuds non personnalisés, les membres ne pourront plus publier.

Too bad, I badly needed an option to have longer time limit for inactive members and short time for active members :/.

ok merci pour la précision, donc si je place 0 dans les groupes d'utilisateurs et 5 dans le nœud, la valeur sera utilisée 5, mais dans les autres noeuds non personnalisés, les membres ne pourront plus publier.

If the "time" limit is set to "0", our add-on considers it as non-existing configuration and allows users to post, like there is no limit. If time limit is not 0, but count limit is 0, the add-on considers, that the users can not post anything, so it effectively disables new thread/post posting. I hope this will help you to configure the add-on for your needs.

Too bad, I badly needed an option to have longer time limit for inactive members and short time for active members :/.

Are your inactive users member of two usergroups, registered and "inactive"? If so, you can just configure shorter time limit for registered usergroup, and longer for "inactive". Members of both usergroups will have the longer time limit, and members of registered usergroup only (therefore active) will have a short limit.

Registered Group, is my inactive/new member Group.
And it's my Main group for every user.

Top Bottom