• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Post HTML usergroup permission - US$100 Donation

NolF

Add-on completed by Darkinmortal here, thank you very much :)

Hi

I'm looking for a add-on, that will allow selected usergroups use HTML in posts. You may use a BBcode (preferable), but a simple permission would also work. I would prefer if the add-on contained no file modifications, but simple modifications would also be acceptable.

I will donate US$100 for whoever makes this happen. I would prefer it if this would be made within the next few days if possible. I may remove the donation offer if there are no takers by the 24th of November.

Thanks

I don't really need any sanitation, anything within the html bbcode would get parsed as html :) should make the add-on easier to code I hope

It can also be used in combination with bbcode manager add-on if it makes things easier to manage/code

Yes :) I'm kinda in a rush, because I was forced to change to xenforo much sooner than I wanted to, and now I got thousands of posts without HTML looking terrible :(

Yes :) I'm kinda in a rush, because I was forced to change to xenforo much sooner than I wanted to, and now I got thousands of posts without HTML looking terrible :(
Ugh hadent thought of that, something i will need to look into going forward to..... ~~where did i put that list?~~

If so, that's really really really easy to do (without checking permissions somehow...)

Wait, you want everything within [html] tags to be parased AS html?
Um, no, he wants to be able to use HTML in posts. [html] is for formatting HTML for display on a forum where you share HTML codes.

Usergroups being able to post HTML is something we always had to rely on plugins for in vB. I hope it is included in XenForo. It is simply not possible to provide enough bbCodes to completely replace HTML.

Um, no, he wants to be able to use HTML in posts. [html] is for formatting HTML for display on a forum where you share HTML codes.

Usergroups being able to post HTML is something we always had to rely on plugins for in vB. I hope it is included in XenForo. It is simply not possible to provide enough bbCodes to completely replace HTML.
I was going off of the basis that he said "within the html bbcode." Its still extremely easy to do and I already have it working. Except checking user group permissions. I'm not entirely sure that the poster ID is exposed to check permissions...

Not sure why he mentioned bbcode. It's a straightforward request (if not the implementation) except for that.

I'm pretty sure he wanted something like [parseHTML]<div style="float:right"></div>[/parseHTML] and have it go. That I have done. Its getting the poster ID / stuff for permissions.

Not sure why he mentioned bbcode. It's a straightforward request (if not the implementation) except for that.
Using a BB Code would however make it possible to post HTML and BB Code in the same post so it's a useful approach to take.

Using a BB Code would however make it possible to post HTML and BB Code in the same post so it's a useful approach to take.
Using the vB3 HTML by Usergroup plugin, I can interchange HTML and bbCode in the same post without needing to identify or flag areas of HTML.

I guess it is a peculiarity of XenForo's parser that HTML must be walled off inside its own 'render me!' bbCode.

Using the vB3 HTML by Usergroup plugin, I can interchange HTML and bbCode in the same post without needing to identify or flag areas of HTML.
I've experienced some significant issues with vbulletin's approach when posting long posts (100k-1m characters) combining html and bbcode which would often result in timing out the server request time or something like that. It's also probably a bad habit mixing bbcode with HTML, so I actually prefer a bbcode which exclusively parses HTML (where you don't have to worry about new lines ^p), but I can live with either approach happily.

Top Bottom