Post Friction

Post Friction [Paid] 1.6.1

No permission to buy ($20.00)
An exception occurred: Call to undefined method SV_PostFriction_XenForo_Model_Thread::_getUserModel() in library/SV/PostFriction/XenForo/Model/Thread.php on line 140

1. SV_PostFriction_XenForo_Model_Thread->getLubricatedUsers() in SV/PostFriction/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 79
  2. SV_PostFriction_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFriction() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/spigot-forums/deploy/index.php at line 13

I think there is an incompatibility somewhere when viewing friction details on a thread

@md_5 one of my other add-ons must be adding the _getUserModel method which Post Friction has become dependant on.

Hi @Xon,

Is it possible to add a permissions setting so that this is only applied in nodes that I want it enabled?

Cheers.

Is it possible to add a permissions setting so that this is only applied in nodes that I want it enabled?
The permissions already are. You can configure the two permissions at the forum level:
  • Bypass Thread Friction
  • Change Thread Friction Options

Reactions: Naz
I would buy this addon within a minute if you could add a difference between thread word count (so, the first post of a thread has to have at least 100 words) and a reply word count (replies have to have at least 10 words). :)

You have a good point there.

Am I correct that this doesn't have usergroup permissions?

There is quite a difference between ranking members and new members.
For new members I would like to completely block some actions.
For next level members i would like to show the warning for some actions.
For ranking members I would like to do nothing.

You have a good point there.

Am I correct that this doesn't have usergroup permissions?

There is quite a difference between ranking members and new members.
For new members I would like to completely block some actions.
For next level members i would like to show the warning for some actions.
For ranking members I would like to do nothing.
It has the following per-forum permissions:
  • Change Thread Friction Options
  • Bypass Thread Friction
Adding a "Hard block instead of Soft" permission would be doable.

Xon updated Post Friction with a new update entry:

1.5.3 - Feature update

• Fix error when a non-admin interacts with a thread friction settings without the 'blacklist' flag.
  • Min-word count for thread titles, as separate to first post text size.
  • Forum default for post delay
  • Display 'new thread' text rather than 'new reply' text for a new thread.
  • Permission-based acceptance of the friction warning, if they do not have the permission they to accept they can't post.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Will this add-on work without these:
  • Enhanced Search Improvements - Word Count add-on (recommended)
  • Redis Cache (for post reply option)
...and what do I have to expect then?

The major functionality change is the "posting too quickly soft warning" option will not work, as it uses redis functionality. It will not error, but will silently fail that functionality.

The word-count limit options will keep working, it is just you can't do anything else with the word-count as that data gets thrown away.

Top Bottom