Resource icon

Post Flood Permissions 1.1.1

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Post Flood Tweaks - Provides per thread/node user group permissions for post rate limiting

Provides user group permissions for the following post rate limiting options:
  • Post Reply - Enable Per thread rate limiting
  • Post Reply - Per thread rate limiting
  • Post Reply - Enable Per node rate limiting
  • Post Reply - Per node post rate limiting
  • Post Reply - General rate limiting
This permits the posting rate to be managed per node, and per user group.

The per thread/node option allows decoupling of the global flood limiter from posting in different sections....

Read more about this resource...

:D

are you going to add "number of posts per user" (per day, per hour, per month, etc) restriction?

are you going to add "number of posts per user" (per day, per hour, per month, etc) restriction?
Perhaps in the future, but it isn't a near term goal as I'm fairly bogged down with other addons development for the sites I help run.

there any chances to make it Per group rate limiting ? Let say on daily post.. It will wonderful...

there any chances to make it Per group rate limiting ? Let say on daily post.. It will wonderful...
As in everyone part of a group being limited to the same shared delay between any post made by that group?

I'm stuggling to understand the use case for that.

Could it help me to limit a group limited thread and post per node/forum per day?

Thanks so much @Xon!
Sorry, but this addon doesn't operate 'per day'. Rather it limits how fast you can post by introducing a configurable delay between posts per user group.

This does produce a rolling maximum posts over a 24 hour period, but very likely not in the way you would like.

I'm very busy with other projects and my day job, so this addon is a fairly low priority for new features.

Sorry, but this addon doesn't operate 'per day'. Rather it limits how fast you can post by introducing a configurable delay between posts per user group.

This does produce a rolling maximum posts over a 24 hour period, but very likely not in the way you would like.

I'm very busy with other projects and my day job, so this addon is a fairly low priority for new features.

Thanks so much! I will read the code and modify as your suggestion.

Reactions: Xon
Xon updated Post Flood Tweaks with a new update entry:

Implement Like rate limiting

Moves permissions under a new "Forum Rate Limiting" group.

Adds the additional permissions:
  • Like - Enable Per thread rate limiting
  • Like - Per thread rate limiting - delay between posts in seconds
  • Like - Enable Per node rate limiting
  • Like - Per node post rate limiting - delay between posts in seconds
  • Like - General rate limiting - delay between posts in seconds
Matching order:
  • Per thread rate limiting.
  • Per node rate limiting.
  • General post rate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you read minds? I've been planning something like this for a while...

:)

Liam

I'm planning on renaming this addon to 'flood protection tweaks' at some stage.

As I've realised I really want to link the thread flood protection to the 'watch' link, as I often accidently double click that sucker and end up not watching the thread when I intended to.

I set "Post Reply - General rate limiting" to 60 on my usergroup, but it doesn't seem to have done anything... (e.g. I can still reply instantly. Maybe it doesn't work for the Admin usergroup? Is there something else I'm missing? Thanks!

I set "Post Reply - General rate limiting" to 60 on my usergroup, but it doesn't seem to have done anything... (e.g. I can still reply instantly. Maybe it doesn't work for the Admin usergroup? Is there something else I'm missing? Thanks!
Can you make sure you haven't granted the 'Bypass flood check' permission to your user using the Analyze Permissions function?

Oops, I didn't realize your add-on used the core "Bypass flood check" permission. I'll install again and test it! Thanks!

So it does work, but only applies to replies -- it doesn't limit new threads. I suppose I should have guessed that based on the title, but was hoping to slow down spammers creating new threads. :(

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom