Resource icon

Flood permissions 2.3.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Post Flood Permissions - Provides per thread/node user group permissions for post rate limiting

Provides user group permissions for the following post/like rate limiting options:
  • Post Reply - Enable Per thread rate limiting
  • Post Reply - Per thread rate limiting - delay between posts in seconds
  • Post Reply - Enable Per node rate limiting
  • Post Reply - Per node post rate limiting - delay between posts in seconds
  • Post Reply - General rate limiting - delay between posts in seconds
  • Like - Enable Per thread rate limiting
  • Like - Per thread rate limiting - delay...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, if Im reading this correctly, this addon allows for limiting Likes per usergroup? So I can set a limit of the number of Likes a user group can do, right?

Does the new update include any performance gains/improvements besides the updated requirements/compatibilities?

Do this addon reset timer when other user reply in thread? For example, I put delay between posts 10 min, so single user couldn't post one message after one with gap lesser than 10 min and have to edit his previous post in thread. But if someone reply to him he would be waiting 10 min anyway?

Do Enable Per Thread Rate Limit affect on conversion post too?

Last edited:
No. This only allows using the permission system to setup per-user flood timers in posts/reactions.

My Post Friction (paid) add-on can implement something like that in that it can cause a soft (ie checkbox to allow) or hard delay from the last post in the thread

Using this, is it possible to restrict a user from creating several new threads in a forum?

For example, I have a section called "Ads". I want to allow only one new thread by a user in a week. But he/she can reply to others without restriction.

Is this doable?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, you can add thread limits to selected categories through this plugin, right? When I added it to my forum, the thread limit became equal to zero. Because of this I had to delete. @Xon

Yes, it is per node/category. It shouldn't cause the flood limits to be set to zero unless you explicitly set permissions up that way. It uses an "on" permission and then an integer value to allow setting flood permission lengths per node..

Yes, it is per node/category. It shouldn't cause the flood limits to be set to zero unless you explicitly set permissions up that way. It uses an "on" permission and then an integer value to allow setting flood permission lengths per node..

When I set a forums thread limit to "600" on your extension, members can spam threads. And I'm sure my permission settings. I think there is a problem with extension but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom