XF 1.3 Post disappears after edit

Mr Lucky

I got this from a member

This may be a connection issue... but... I wrote a post and succesfully submitted it. I edited it. Saved it. Spotted another typo, edited it and couldn't save it. This then gave a generic screen saying 'click on this link' which didn't work. Then it gave me a Forum page and an error message (which I copied but now can't seem to paste).

Not only have the changes disappeared, the whole post has...

Can anyone shed any light on what might be happening?

Lately have had quite a few problems with posts being duplicated or hanging while trying to post.

If it's only happening to a few members then it is likely to be connection or browser issues.

If it's happening to all (or most) members then it could be server or add-on related.

Could it be rated to ad position under the post?

Also I added share buttons above threads and sidebar as well as below. Would having more instances of the share buttons increase the load?

Yes I will try that, just wondering if there was any specific existing knowledge on this to help pinpoint the most likely. I agree I will just need to edit and test then.

Check your ad code is well formed.
Have checked code, the issue happens when you use the Adsense responsive code (auto, not advanced).

Code:
<xen:hook name="ad_message_below" />
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 1 AND !{$message.conversation_id}">
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Cafe top responsive custom -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-0013788706963043"
     data-ad-slot="2156339233"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>
</xen:if>

If you want to try it (I think it is 100% reproducible) you can see it happening on my test forum if you still have the login, if not I'll PC it to you again if you want to try it.

Top Bottom