1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Post disappears after edit

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Mr Lucky, Jun 20, 2014.

  1. Mr Lucky

    Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

    I got this from a member

    Can anyone shed any light on what might be happening?

    Lately have had quite a few problems with posts being duplicated or hanging while trying to post.
     
  2. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    If it's only happening to a few members then it is likely to be connection or browser issues.

    If it's happening to all (or most) members then it could be server or add-on related.
     
  3. Mr Lucky

    Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

    And then the post reappeared later

    ???
     
  4. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Sounds like a typical connection/server issue to me.
    Poor connections or slow/overloaded servers will manifest in that manner.
     
  5. Mr Lucky

    Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

    Could it be rated to ad position under the post?

    Also I added share buttons above threads and sidebar as well as below. Would having more instances of the share buttons increase the load?
     
  6. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    It's possible.
    Revert your edits until the problem disappears and you will know what's causing it.
     
  7. Mr Lucky

    Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

    Yes I will try that, just wondering if there was any specific existing knowledge on this to help pinpoint the most likely. I agree I will just need to edit and test then.
     
  8. Mr Lucky

    Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

    There's beginning to be a pattern here. If there is an ad under the post (ad_message_below) then we get problems: generally hanging while posting causing duplicates
     
  9. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Check your ad code is well formed.
     
  10. Mr Lucky

    Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

    Have checked code, the issue happens when you use the Adsense responsive code (auto, not advanced).

    Code:
    <xen:hook name="ad_message_below" />
    <xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 1 AND !{$message.conversation_id}">
    <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <!-- Cafe top responsive custom -->
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
         style="display:block"
         data-ad-client="ca-pub-0013788706963043"
         data-ad-slot="2156339233"
         data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
    <script>
    (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
    </script>
    </xen:if>
    If you want to try it (I think it is 100% reproducible) you can see it happening on my test forum if you still have the login, if not I'll PC it to you again if you want to try it.
     

Share This Page