Not a bug Post deletion via warning not consistent

Mr Lucky

When you delete a post, you have the option to add reason for deletion to the post, and also an alert notice to the user who posted.

But when you delete a post via a warning, it seems there is only the option to add the reason to the post, not send an alert notice to the user.

Surely this should be consistent and the warning deletion have the exact same options as a normal deletion.

I realise the warning can include a PC, but there are cases where you don't want a PC if the moderator doing the warning wishes to remain anonymous.

The workaround is to delete then warn without PC of course, but I think these two deletions should be consistent surely?

I understand what you're after, but I don't think the lack of consistency is a bug here. Different interfaces will expose different behaviors within them. For example, note that there's no choice between hard and soft deletion (it's always soft). You'll see this in some other places as well.

From a technical standpoint, this is a generic system so it doesn't expose other options like you're after.

It may be worth suggesting, though it sounds like the core suggestion is sending an alert rather than a conversation (or sending a conversation anonymously, such as through a standardized account).

I understand what you're after, but I don't think the lack of consistency is a bug here. Different interfaces will expose different behaviors within them. For example, note that there's no choice between hard and soft deletion (it's always soft). You'll see this in some other places as well.

From a technical standpoint, this is a generic system so it doesn't expose other options like you're after.

It may be worth suggesting, though it sounds like the core suggestion is sending an alert rather than a conversation (or sending a conversation anonymously, such as through a standardized account).

Yes, I'd be happy with the option of either PC or alert. I'll try making a suggestion.

Top Bottom