1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Post/Create Thread Won't Post Unless I Refresh Page

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by 51463, Mar 29, 2015.

1. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

Something strange is going on with my forum.

When i reply to press create thread all i see is this in the corner. It doesn't post.

But if i refresh it. The i noticed that the message was posted

no Follow.PNG

I believe it happened after i installed this add-on.
    https://xenforo.com/community/resources/control-nofollow-urls.1389/

I installed it and it was causing that problem. So i disabled the add-on and it's still causing that.

I'm not 100% sure it was the add-on But it was working yesterday.

What could be wrong?

2. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

I don't think it was the add-on.

I just checked my server error logs and i got this

Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
    Generated By: user1, A moment ago

Stack Trace

#0 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
    #1 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
    #2 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(928): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\t\tUPDATE xf_...', 2910)
    #3 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(200): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_updateUserMessageCount(false)
    #4 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(560): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_updateUserMessageCount()
    #5 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1409): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave()
    #6 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(557): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #7 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #8 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #9 /home/myforumwebsite/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #10 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(45) "http://myforumwebsite.com/threads/190203/add-reply"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(5) {
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["message"] => string(430) "[center]coolvid.flv
    [IMG]http://deletedlink.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://deletedlink.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://deletedlink[/IMG]

[URL]http://deletedlink.jpg[/URL]

[/center]"
        ["message_html"] => string(430) "[center]deletedlink.flv
    [IMG]deletedlink[/IMG]

[IMG]deletedlink[/IMG]

[IMG]deletedlink[/IMG]

[URL]deletedlink[/URL]

[/center]"
        ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(45) "http://mywebsite.com/threads/190203/add-reply"
        ["content_data"] => array(1) {
          ["thread_id"] => string(6) "190203"
        }
      }
    }

Code:
    XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch server returned no response. Is it running? Elasticsearch indexing failed - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:850
    Generated By: voro, 5 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(965): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError(false, false, 'Elasticsearch i...')
    #1 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(63): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_triggerFailedIndexError(false, Array, true)
    #2 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/Indexer.php(44): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->insertIntoIndex('post', 2242306, '', '[b]Cover:[/b]\n[...', 1427648183, 3356, 205951, Array)
    #3 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php(61): XenForo_Search_Indexer->insertIntoIndex('post', 2242306, '', '[b]Cover:[/b]\n[...', 1427648183, 3356, 205951, Array)
    #4 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php(275): XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->_insertIntoIndex(Object(XenForo_Search_Indexer), Array, Array)
    #5 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(760): XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex(Object(XenForo_Search_Indexer), Array, Array)
    #6 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(739): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_insertOrUpdateSearchIndex()
    #7 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(585): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_indexForSearch()
    #8 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1409): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave()
    #9 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(557): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #10 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #11 /home/mywebsite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #12 /home/mywebsite/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #13 {main}

Request State

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  3. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

Ok i can confirm it wasn't the add-on. i installed the add-on after i disabled the elasticsearch and it works. So it was elastic search that was causing that problem.

What do those errors mean? Was elastic search causing that second error? What do i do? help!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The lock wait timeout error seems very likely to indicate that there may have been a server load issue at the time which was causing normally fast queries to timeout unexpectedly.

6. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

I was able to log into my SSH with putty.

Step 1 was to confirm if my elasticsearch was running by putting in:

Code:
    ps -A
    I could not find this anywhere
    Code:
    17927 ? 00:00:04 elasticsearch-l
    So this means my elasticsearch is not running.

I don't know what happened because it was running a few weeks ago.

The next step says:

Explicitly bind the Elasticsearch IP and Port.

It says to Open up:

Code:
    RHEL/SUSE
    Open up /elasticsearch/config/elasticsearch.yml and on line 199 edit

Debian/Ubuntu
    Open up /usr/local/elasticsearch/config/elasticsearch.yml and on line 199 edit

I believe i am using ubuntu: Where can i find this file? in my ftp i can't find any folders about elasticsearch.

Or is it in the WHM or cPanel? I want to check the file. It should be there since it was installed and working before. But i don't know where to find this file

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Last time I checked.. if you were using either WHM/cPanel, then you were not using a Debian derivative OS... but either CentOS or Redhat or or a derivative thereof.