Post Areas

Post Areas 1.4.3

No permission to download
Nice little add-on ;)

Would it be possible to
  1. honor the node view permissions ? Currently the normal members can see how many posts the admins and mods have in their restricted areas.
  2. link the forums ?

One another suggestion; Is it possible to make it so that clicking post count will search user's messages in that forum? i.e. clicking post count of "general" will show results of users messages in "general", "other" will search "other" category etc...

And another suggestion: instead of separate phrases for forums ("awedo_post_areas_forum") and posts ("awedo_post_areas_posts") the XF standard phrases could be used ("forums" and "posts").

@mvk How your plugin count posts of areas ? With instant query or saved datas from mysql ? If we install plugin, then we need run any cronjob for count them ?

Nope, there is no need to run any cron job. In the current version on each view of a profile page the post counts are fetched with one DB query.

mvk updated Post Areas with a new update entry:

A few improvements

New Features
  • a click on a posts count will result in a search for all posts of this user in the corresponding forum
  • show a message (instead of an empty table) if the user hasn't posted anything yet

Changes
  • count only visible posts (and not moderated or deleted)
  • uses the XenForo default phrases 'forum' and 'posts' instead of custom phrases
  • the content of the posts count column is now aligned to the right by default *

* If you would...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I am testing this add-on right now. For the future, it would be great if you could put the add-on files in to upload/library/Awedo.

A better look for this addon (imo), shove this in your extra.css:

Code:
#PostAreas table {
  width: 50%;
  margin: 0 auto;
}

#PostAreas td {
padding: 5px;
}

#PostAreas .header {
  background-color: #FBFBFB; /* Set this to your forums background colour, this is my forums. */
}

#PostAreas tr:nth-child(odd) {
  background-color: #EFEFEF;
}

#PostAreas tr:nth-child(even) {
  background-color: #E2E2E2;
}

#PostAreas td.postAreas {
  padding-left: 25px;
  text-align: center;
}

Will make it look like:
0424030604.png

A better look for this addon (imo), shove this in your extra.css:

Code:
#PostAreas table {
  width: 50%;
  margin: 0 auto;
}

#PostAreas td {
padding: 5px;
}

#PostAreas .header {
  background-color: #FBFBFB; /* Set this to your forums background colour, this is my forums. */
}

#PostAreas tr:nth-child(odd) {
  background-color: #EFEFEF;
}

#PostAreas tr:nth-child(even) {
  background-color: #E2E2E2;
}

#PostAreas td.postAreas {
  padding-left: 25px;
  text-align: center;
}

Will make it look like:
0424030604.png
In my case the whole table is centered. How can I put it to the left?

Top Bottom