Post Areas

Post Areas 1.4.3

No permission to download
A better look for this addon (imo), shove this in your extra.css:

Besides the centered table, I really like the look of this style In particular the cell padding. I totally forgot about that.. The alternating row colors look also good and help with connecting the post counts to the right forums. This is also a style I've already included in the examples styles on the Overview page. Now, the reason why I didn't add this to the default style is because of the „hard coded“ colors. Particularly with darker styles the table would look like a „foreign body“ (by default). So I'm gonna add the cell padding to the default CSS and the centered table style to the other examples on the Overview page. I'll also add a link to your post as an example of a „composed“ custom style.

Btw, the rule

#PostAreas td.postAreas {
padding-left: 25px;
text-align: center;​
}

in your style doesn't work since the 1.1.0 release as I replaced the „postAreas“ class with the „post_counts_column“ class. Also the default alignment for this class is now „right“. So unless you would like centered content you can just remove this rule..

Very nice addon! Thank you!
One little suggestion: it's possible to add column with count of threads, started by user in forums?

mvk updated Post Areas with a new update entry:

New „Threads“ column added

The „Post Areas“ table has a new columen „Threads“ which shows the number of threads the user created in the corresponding forums. The column will not be shown if the user has not created any thread yet.

There is also a new CSS class „thread_counts_column“ which you can use to adjust the style of the new column (see examples on the add-on overview page).

Read the rest of this update entry...

There is currently no option to limit the results @sadiq6210. However, you would need to make only a tiny change to the code by adding a LIMIT clause to the SQL query in the _getPostCounts() method:
PHP:
protected function _getPostCounts($userId)
{
  [...]
  ORDER BY post_count DESC
  LIMIT 20';

[...]

}

Note that the apostrophe moved to the end of the LIMIT clause.

Last edited:
There is currently no option to limit the results @sadiq6210. However, you would need to make only a tiny change to the code by adding a LIMIT clause to the SQL query in the _getPostCounts() method:
PHP:
protected function _getPostCounts($userId)
{
  [...]
  ORDER BY post_count DESC
  LIMIT 20';

[...]

}

Note that the apostrophe moved to the end of the LIMIT clause.

Perfect
Thanks dear

@mvk, thank you for update!
I have one more suggestion: hide node in nodes list, if node setting "Display in the node list" is inactive. Because, node without this setting will not show in nodes list on main forum page.

Well, I'm actually not quite sure why you don't want the non-listed forums in the Post Areas. However, as it would be pretty simple to implement, I can add a corresponding option..

just wanted to let you know that this plugin conflicts with the User Profiles - Profile Tabs plugin by @Daniel Hood. When both are activated, only the post areas plugin shows it's data; the other tabs created by daniel's plugin don't show anything when you click on them.

correction: the post areas plugin also conflicts with Xen Blogs by Audentio/Hex Themes; the data in the user tab created by Xen Blogs doesn't show up while post areas is active.

Last edited:
Thx for the heads-up @electrogypsy. That's very likely due to a regression in the 1.3 release. I'll upload an update shortly. Could you then please test it with the add-ons you mentioned as I don't have them..

Thx for the heads-up @electrogypsy. That's very likely due to a regression in the 1.3 release. I'll upload an update shortly. Could you then please test it with the add-ons you mentioned as I don't have them..

no problem, thanks for the quick response! i've updated to the new version and now everything is working correctly. thank you!

just fyi, i'm getting these errors in my server error log:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function xdebug_break() - library/Awedo/NewPostsAndThreads/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php:143
Generated By: Rolly Leonard, Today at 7:00 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "https://squattheplanet.com/find-new/1927883/OnlyPosts"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/find-new/1927883/OnlyPosts"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

seems to happen about 3-5 times a day.

i'm not having any other problems, but i have noticed an increase in google crawl errors related to this plugin. it appears that google is trying to index the links to the number of threads and posts this plugin lists in the user's profile tab. perhaps adding a 'nofollow' to the link might help this?

Firstly, sorry for the late reply. I missed the notification :/

just fyi, i'm getting these errors in my server error log:

This has been fixed in the latest release. Btw, wrong thread ;)

it appears that google is trying to index the links to the number of threads and posts this plugin lists in the user's profile tab. perhaps adding a 'nofollow' to the link might help this?

Yeah, the „nofollow“ attribute is probably a very good idea as the links don't contain the forum title. So for every forum there are two different URLs which is not very good regarding SEO (dupe content). I'll release an update shortly..

mvk updated Post Areas with a new update entry:

Two small improvements

New Feature
There is now a new option in the also new „Post Areas“ option group with which you can define how many forums are shown at most. By default there is no limitation.

Better SEO
The forum links now contain rel="nofollow" which prevents the forum pages to be considered as dupe content (due to missing forum titles in the URLs) by Google.

Read the rest of this update entry...

This has been fixed in the latest release. Btw, wrong thread ;)

doh!

Yeah, the „nofollow“ attribute is probably a very good idea as the links don't contain the forum title. So for every forum there are two different URLs which is not very good regarding SEO (dupe content). I'll release an update shortly..

awesome, thank you for the update, it's much appreciated!

Top Bottom