Possible to port existing phpBB into an existing XenForo forum?

NeoCHI

I have a phpBB forum and a xenForo forum. Both with content. Is it possible to port the phpBB forum into a new forum within my existing xenForo forum without it messing it up? If so how hard is it?

But I already have content on my xenForo forum and would only like to import the phpBB content into a new forum within my existing xenForo forum. The directions don't seem to accomodate for that. It seems to import the phpBB forum and it then becomes the whole xenForo forum.

The importer can be used to "merge" multiple forums together, just don't select the option to maintain IDs (as they'll already be in use). It will create new forums from your phpBB and import the content into those.

I would take a backup before you import though. (And both forums should not be accessible to users when the import is happening.)

There is currently no MyBB importer.

How do I make my xenForo and phpbb inaccessible?

Also approx how long will it take to import. My phpbb forum has about 200k posts 25k threads and 12k members.

You can make the XF board "inactive" in the options. I couldn't speak about phpBB.

I really couldn't give you an estimate as it varies significantly based on server setup and configuration.

ic...sorry for asking so many questions but i'm just very scared of importing. It mentions that I should do a test import first? can I still do that considering I my xenforo already has stuff in it?

Perhaps you should consider obtaining the services of someone technically competent who can perform the tasks for you and explain in more detail what to do?

I know how to get to phpMyAdmin, from there I can click into the database named after my site, then "Operations" there seems to be a "Copy database to". Is this how you would make a backup?

If so after that how do I switch between two databases?

Also approx how long will it take to import. My phpbb forum has about 200k posts 25k threads and 12k members.

I would guess 2 hours.

btw does the built in importer work for mybb?

I can do a MyBB import for you. I have a system setup for MyBB that is very thorough:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tegu-talk-conversion-from-mybb.48533/#post-520550
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...board-converted-to-xenforo.49057/#post-525609

Send me a PM if you want to discuss MyBB.

I know how to get to phpMyAdmin, from there I can click into the database named after my site, then "Operations" there seems to be a "Copy database to". Is this how you would make a backup?

If so after that how do I switch between two databases?

Can someone verify this information and answer the last question?

Top Bottom