Pop-up on new trophy received?

James

It's not particularly a high priority suggestion (and it'll probably end up being a modification) but I think it'd be cool if, when you received a trophy, it popped up from somewhere, similar to the Facebook notifications in the bottom-left corner. It also separates the trophies and alerts meaning you're not clicking the alerts for receiving trophies (why stop reading this awesome thread to be notified you have a trophy when it can pop-up and very kindly remove itself from my line of sight afterwards?).

Upvote 0
I think alerts do a good enough job. Popups just get in the way. Alerts stay out of the way unless you want to see them, which is much cleaner :D

If you know the Facebook pop-ups where they slide up from the bottom left corner and you can hover to increase the opacity, something like that (it's not obtrusive whatsoever). I just figure it helps split the 'useless' alerts from the 'useful' ones, so to speak.

If you know the Facebook pop-ups where they slide up from the bottom left corner and you can hover to increase the opacity, something like that (it's not obtrusive whatsoever). I just figure it helps split the 'useless' alerts from the 'useful' ones, so to speak.

As Trophies are currently only awarded once every 24hours, I don't think it is that much of an issue as you are only going to be worried by maximum of once a day...

What happens if you get the trophy when you are not on the site? Alerts is the best place for this I think

As Trophies are currently only awarded once every 24hours, I don't think it is that much of an issue as you are only going to be worried by maximum of once a day...
It's once an hour now. And I wouldn't expect people to be earning trophies constantly.

It's once an hour now. And I wouldn't expect people to be earning trophies constantly.

It is??? when did that change... Cool... But even then, your not going to get than many trophies in a day... except maybe the first day when you get one for you first post and for your first like etc after that will really slow down.

I'm fine with the way they are at this point. It's VERY obvious with the red notification/alert. Unless, of course, you change your style to be red all over, then you might have to turn it into a blue alert ;)

Top Bottom