1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pop-up on new trophy received?

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by James, Aug 6, 2010.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

It's not particularly a high priority suggestion (and it'll probably end up being a modification) but I think it'd be cool if, when you received a trophy, it popped up from somewhere, similar to the Facebook notifications in the bottom-left corner. It also separates the trophies and alerts meaning you're not clicking the alerts for receiving trophies (why stop reading this awesome thread to be notified you have a trophy when it can pop-up and very kindly remove itself from my line of sight afterwards?).

2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Isn't it in the alerts box?

3. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Let's keep the popups to a minimum. Especially for foo-foo stuff like trophies. BLEH!

4. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

I think alerts do a good enough job. Popups just get in the way. Alerts stay out of the way unless you want to see them, which is much cleaner :D

5. James

James Well-Known Member

If you know the Facebook pop-ups where they slide up from the bottom left corner and you can hover to increase the opacity, something like that (it's not obtrusive whatsoever). I just figure it helps split the 'useless' alerts from the 'useful' ones, so to speak.

6. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

As Trophies are currently only awarded once every 24hours, I don't think it is that much of an issue as you are only going to be worried by maximum of once a day...

7. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

What happens if you get the trophy when you are not on the site? Alerts is the best place for this I think

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's once an hour now. And I wouldn't expect people to be earning trophies constantly.

9. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

well some stupid owners will set trophies every 10 posts or something.

10. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

It is??? when did that change... Cool... But even then, your not going to get than many trophies in a day... except maybe the first day when you get one for you first post and for your first like etc after that will really slow down.

11. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the way they are at this point. It's VERY obvious with the red notification/alert. Unless, of course, you change your style to be red all over, then you might have to turn it into a blue alert ;)

12. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Agreed.