Poor search results in the Resource Manager

Digital Doctor

I wanted to find the VERY popular BBCode pack in the Resource Manager.
I title searched for bbcodes [LINK - click here and then click the search button].

Here is page 1.

upload_2016-12-5_23-58-27.webp

Bitcoin BBCode has zero updates, no ratings, and 28 downloads. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bitcoin-bbcode.4521/

FYI the addon is buried on Page 3 !

Questions:
Why are the search results so poor ? Most people searching the RM for "bbcode" are looking for Joshyphp's addon.
It seems like the date the addon is released plays too important a role ? (newer is better)
It also seems that number of ratings, number of updates, downloads, and number of positive reviews has no bearing on the search results ?

Reactions: Xon
@JoshyPHP

I tried to give you some detailed information about how poor your addon ranks in Xenforo searches.
But I guess it was deemed off topic and deleted.

PM me for details / suggestions.

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-6_4-22-13.webp
    upload_2016-12-6_4-22-13.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 7
Searching everything, keyword bbcode pack, Search in forums: Xenforo Resources., child forums as well, Most recent, I get 3 results. Seems to work fine here. Untick titles only and I get pages of results for the bbcodes pack.

The problem is that as far as search is concerned; a resource is a resource update. This means updates are more likely to be returned than the original resource, since updates will always be newer despite being a poorer match despite common search patterns.

Top Bottom