Poll: What will the abbreviation of Private Conversation be? :)

What will the abbreviation of Private Conversation be? :)

• Total voters

Vincent

Since the abbreviation for Private Message is PM, I was thinking, what would the abbreviation for Private Conversation be? 'PC' is Personal Computer, so let's see what we think :)

Feel free to choose, I'm going for 'Convo'

Initials can mean several things, it's just the context in which they're spoken about that identifies what they refer to. I see no problem with using PC.

PM will still work, you effectively receive a message (from the conversation) and not the conversation.

I will continue to use PC though, it just goes to show how advanced XF is compared to the old software that still uses PM systems *walks away with nose in the air* 8-)

All logic becomes lost when it comes to internet abbreviations. I have a feeling PC will catch on.

Hey, send me a PC.
Agreed, although:

URL]
compaq-desktop-computers.jpg

If I say, "I sent you a PC," I'd hope you know that I sent you a message, not a personal computer. :p

I have a feeling that common forum-goers (aside from those of us who are seasoned administrators) will use the term PM regardless of what it's called in XenForo.

Yeah, I don't think I'd use PC even if it was the standard, whenever I see PC to me for many many years it has just been Personal Computer, the opposite of a Mac. ;P

Top Bottom